Clare Boothe Luce
(Redirected from Clare Booth Luce)
- You see few people here in America who really care very much about living a Christian life in a democratic world.
- Europe in the Spring, ch. 12 (1940)
- Communism is the opiate of the intellectuals [with] no cure except as a guillotine might be called a cure for dandruff.
- Newsweek (Jan. 24, 1955)
- A man has only one escape from his old self: to see a different self — in the mirror of some woman's eyes.
- Mrs. Morehead, act I
- You know, that's the only good thing about divorce; you get to sleep with your mother.
- Little Mary, act III
- Always remember, Peggy, it's matrimonial suicide to be jealous when you have a really good reason.
- Edith, act III