Clifford's Really Big Movie
Clifford's Really Big Movie is an American animated epic adventure comedy film based on the classic PBS Kids TV series Clifford the Big Red Dog, itself an adaptation of the book series of the same name by Norman Bridwell. This film was directed by Robert Ramirez, produced by Scholastic Entertainment and Big Red Dog Productions, and released to theaters by Warner Bros. on February 20, 2004.
This was John Ritter's final theatrical film role as he died of aortic dissection on September 11, 2003. The film was dedicated to his memory, and it serves as the series finale, as no episodes aired after the film's release, though the show's spin-off Clifford's Puppy Days continued to air before concluding in 2006.
- Directed by Robert C. Ramirez. Produced by Deborah Forte. Screenplay by Rhett Reese and Robert C. Ramirez.
Clifford the Big Red Dog
- [to Emily Elizabeth, before he leaves to meet with Larry's Amazing Animals again] Goodbye, Emily Elizabeth. I'll come back to you soon... I promise.
- [first meeting Shackelford] I'm not gonna eat you.
- [giving a speech to Cleo, T-Bone and the other Amazing Animals] Alright, team! This is it. This is not a contest. It's the real thing. We're gonna do this thing to save our friend Clifford! Are you with me? Then let's get ready to rumble.
- Have I ever steered you wrong? [Clifford and T-Bone hesitate to answer] Don't answer that.
- [about Shackelford's performance] His acting's just brilliant!
- Zip it!
The Amazing Larry
- [first lines] Hello there, ladies and gentlemen! My name is Larry Gablegobble, and I'm proud to present to you the most amazing animals you'll ever seen under one roof!
- [about Rodrigo, who is respected to lift weight] Don't let the size fool you, folks. He may be small, but this pup packs a punch.
- It's alright, everybody, it's all under control, folks. No need to...! [a shrieking Shackelford suddenly falls from the sky, and lands on his head] ...Panic.
- [to Clifford] Big Red! You saved my show, now you helped Dorothy! You really are amazing! [Shackelford lets out a big jaw drop]
- [Cleo and T-Bone come out to reveal their and Clifford's nametags] You have owners? We have a dog to fetch.
- [hollers happily] Big Red to the rescue!
- Clifford's the best. He believed in us.
- [on a telephone] Hello, I'm calling to report three lost dogs. The first one is extremely friendly, red, and as big as a house. No, I am not crazy! [hangs up] Don't worry. We'll find them. [Emily Elizabeth: I know we will. Thanks, Mr. B.]
- [last lines, after Clifford splashes into a mud puddle, which gets him and his car filthy] Oooh...! CLIFFORD!!! ... It's good too have you back. [Emily Elizabeth: Bye!]
- Emily Elizabeth: [calling] Clifford! Clifford!
- Cleo: Clifford, there you are.
- T-Bone: Where were you? You missed a great rehersal.
- Cleo: Yeah. Check out our new trick! [Cleo and T-Bone show him a move which resembles them flipping] TA-DA!!!
- Clifford: Mm-hmm.
- Cleo: [after flipping] Okay. Spit it out.
- Clifford: I'm going home.
- T-Bone: We are all going after we win the contest tomorrow. Right?
- Clifford: No, I'm going home now.
- Cleo, T-Bone: WHAT!?
- Cleo: Clifford? What about the contest and the... life time supply of Tummy Yummies, and helping Emily Elizabeth?
- Charley: [about Clifford] I don't get it...why would he leave?
- Emily Elizabeth: [sadly] I wish I knew.
- [Larry's Amazing Animals, Cleo and T-Bone have just hijacked into George Wolfsbottom's mansion, and Rodrigo lowers Shackelford down on a rope to see Clifford in a cage]
- Clifford: SHACKELFORD! What are you doing here?!
- Shackelford: I'm here to spring you out of this political prison! Uh, I mean... We came in to rescue you. And, well because I really want you to see how really sorry I am. No, no! No! [Clifford then licks Shackelford, which covers him with saliva] NO! Okay, now come on, we gotta go!!
- George Wolfsbottom: [surrounds Larry] Gablegobble! What are you doing with my dog?!
- Emily Elizabeth: That's my dog! [approaches Wolfsbottom; Clifford gasps]
- Wolfsbottom: Who are you?
- Elizabeth: I'm Emily Elizabeth! And Clifford belongs to me!
- Get ready for Clifford's Biggest, Reddest, Most Amazing Movie!
- John Ritter - Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Wayne Brady - Shackelford
- Kel Mitchell - T-Bone
- Cree Summer - Cleo
- Judge Reinhold - The Amazing Larry
- Jenna Elfman - Dorothy the Cow
- Wilmer Valderrama - Rodrigo
- Jess Harnell - Dirk
- John Goodman - George Wolfsbottom
- Kath Soucie - Jetta Handover, Madison
- Grey DeLisle - Emily Elizabeth Howard, Caroline Howard
- Nick Jameson - Sheriff Lewis
- Cam Clarke - Mark Howard
- Earl Boen - Horace Bleakman