Cocoon: The Return is a 1988 science fiction film that is the sequel to the 1985 film Cocoon. Unlike it predecessor, the film was neither a commercial nor a critical success.
- Ruby: You know, when you want to, you can sure do a good impression of an old fart.
- Art Selwyn: Joe loved the beach.
- Ben Luckett: He didn't give a shit about the beach. It was them smooth legged girls in them dental floss bikinis, that's what he liked.
- Art Selwyn: How'd you guys sleep?
- Joe Finley: Alma didn't sleep a wink.
- Art Selwyn: You're kidding.
- Joe Finley: No. Neither did I.
- Art Selwyn: You dog!
- Art Selwyn: There's no justice! If there were, it'd be *me* in there instead of her! *I'd* trace places with *her* in a *heartbeat*!
- Art Selwyn: Beautiful beach, a sunny day and good friends. What more can a man ask for?
- Joe Finley: [pointing to young girls in bikinis] Can I have some of that please?
- Jack Bonner: You're my favorite Martian.
- Bernie Lefkowitz: You work all your life, you pay taxes, you're a good citizen, and what do you end up with? A tight rug.
- Ben Luckettt: Last one in is a pantywaist!
- Ruby: Most people our age are a pain in the ass.
- Bernie Lefkowitz: Most people our age are *dead*.
- Bernie Lefkowitz: Here is an eagle who just found out his teenage daughter is pregnant.
- Joe Finley: I'm so tired.
- Alma Finley: [cries] Then go ahead and rest, dear.
- [about the pleasing shock of suddenly seeing all of his long-away friends again]
- Bernie Lefkowitz: For crying out loud!
- Doctor: Mr. Selwyn?
- Art Selwyn: [about his wife, Bess] That's me, Doctor! How is she?
- Doctor: She's fine, considering her age. And the fact that she's six weeks pregnant.
- Ben Luckett: [chuckles, and to Art says] Why you smutty ol' devil.
- Doctor: [shaking Art's hand who's babbling "Pregnant?"] Very impressive, Mr. Selwyn. This one's definitely going in the books.
- [Art is gladly congratulated by his friends]