Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cool World is such a dangerous place to be in.(taglines)
- You've had enough of me? You've had enough of me, you piece of shit? You screwed us all for a piece of ass? And you've had enough of me? Where is she? It's the oldest law in Cool World. I've never had to enforce it. You cross that line, I'll slap you around and make you piss like a puppy.
- Noids do not have sex with doodles. Right? Noids do not have sex with doodles!!
- You do nothing, man. This place exists with or without you. You believe me, right? I'm not one of your creations.
- Let me tell you something about over there. It hurts over there. It's lonely over there. It's a war over there. They got 8 million ways for you to die on and they're all permanent. This is real for me, this with you. If I want to stay with you, I gotta go back.
- You know, sweetheart, you look good in flesh. It's almost a shame I gotta take you back. You are going back, you know?
- Don't you get it? They're real. When they touch someone, they feel it. When they taste something, they REALLY taste it. And when they are... With a man! Woo!
- You want to know what it is about you that really kicks my ass, Harris?
- Be nice.
- Well, howdy, Nails. As you see, there have been some changes around here. [Nails: You made out with a noid, you don't know what you are! Mark my words, girlie-pie! You leave here and it is trouble for you!] I'm leaving, pencil-dick! You just try and stop me!
- I know that movie by heart. The girl gets everything by the end of it everything she every wanted.
- Can't let the neighbors push us around can.
- Jack Deebs: I'm a cartoonist. I drew all this. I have visions. I translate this.
- Frank Harris: You do nothing, man. This place exists with or without you. You believe me, right? I'm not one of your creations.
- Jack Deebs: Right. You're not pretty enough.
- Frank Harris: Good one. Have a seat.
- Nails: Halt! Halt, in the name of the law! Halt, I say!
- Holli Would: [now human, proudly smiling] Well, howdy, Nails. As you see, there have been some changes around here.
- Nails: You are a bio-morphic menace! I forbid you to take one step out of the Cool World.
- Holli Would: You eight-armed ink spot. Who do you think you're dealing with? I'm real.
- Nails: You made it with a noid, you don't know what you are! Mark my words, girlie-pie! You leave here and it is trouble for you too!
- Holli Would: I'm leaving, pencil-dick. You just try and stop me!
- Nails: No! Don't do it! Don't do it, girl!
- Frank Harris: Hey, sexy.
- Lonette: It's the man with the badge.
- Frank Harris: In the flesh.
- Lonette: Don't remind me.
- Frank Harris: How can I help it? What are you doing to me? You're messing me up.
- Lonette: Oh, honey, you're tense. It's Holli again, isn't it?
- Frank Harris: Yeah, Miss Holli Would-if-she-could. That dame. You heard anything?
- Lonette: Now you know I don't listen to that sleazy cow.
- Frank Harris: Don't. Just don't.
- Lonette: But why?
- Frank Harris: Because we can never finish it, Lonette. It's frustrating. I'm like a plug without a socket, you know?
- Lonette: So did you do it while you were back there in the real world? Did you do it while you were real? Do you ever think about going back there so you can?
- Frank Harris: There's no reason now.
- Lonette: Well, then, we're just going to have to stop pretending now, aren't we?
- [Lonette sees Frank dead. She starts crying]
- Nails: [off-screen] He didn't make it. I'm sorry.
- Lonette: Oh, Frank, honey! No, please! Oh, no, please, you can't leave me! [she keeps crying] Who killed him, Nails?
- Nails: He was pushed off a building.
- Lonette: [off-screen] Who pushed him?
- Nails: Holli Would.
- Lonette: [on-screen stops crying] Holli Would? That bitch! [she keeps crying] Nails, was she a doodle when she aced him?
- Nails: Yeah! So WHAT?!
- Lonette: So what? [off-screen] Oh! So what? Well, what happens to noids who traffic in the Cool World, Nails, when they get killed by a doodle? They become a doodle themselves.
About Cool World
- Audiences actually wanted a wilder, raunchier Cool World. The premiere audience I saw it with certainly did.
- Milton Knight "Ups & Downs". Unfiltered: The Complete Ralph Bakshi. p. 227. ISBN 0-7893-1684-6.
- Cool World is such a dangerous place to be in.
- There are two different worlds: The Real World and the Wacky, Animated World. Only one of them will survive.
- Holli Would if she could ...and she will.
- Gabriel Byrne as Jack Deebs, the cartoonist seemingly responsible for the creation of Cool World.
- Brad Pitt as Detective Frank Harris, a detective for the Cool World Police Department who is bent on catching Holli. Brad Pitt also provides Frank's voice in doodle form.
- Deirdre O'Connell as Isabelle Malley
- Frank Sinatra, Jr. as Himself
- Michele Abrams as Jennifer Malley
- Janni Brenn–Lowen as Agatha Rose Harris
- Marilyn Monroe (archival footage)
- Kim Basinger as Holli Would, a femme fatale doodle who wishes to be real in the real world. Basinger also portrays her in live action.
- Charlie Adler as Nails, an anthropomorphic spider who serves as Frank's partner. He actually has four arms and two legs.
- Joey Camen as Interrogator No. 1/Slash/Holli's Door
- Jenine Jennings as Craps Bunny
- Michael Lally as Sparks
- Maurice LaMarche as Interrogator No. 2/Mash/ Dr. Vincent "Vegas Vinnie" Whiskers/Super Jack. LaMarche also makes a cameo live-action appearance sitting at a bar.
- Candi Milo as Lonette/Bob
- Patrick Pinney as Chico the bouncer
- Gregory Snegoff as Bash