Coonskin is a 1975 American live action/animated crime film written and directed by Ralph Bakshi, about an African American rabbit, fox, and bear who rise to the top of the organized crime racket in Harlem, encountering corrupt law enforcement, con artists, and the Mafia. The film, which combines live-action with animation, stars Philip Thomas, Charles Gordone, Barry White, and Scatman Crothers, all of whom appear in both live-action and animated sequences.
- I'm tired of trying to segregate, integrate, and masturbate anymore!
- [to Preacher Fox] Yeah, Well Boss, We been hustle these easy crackle Bear countries for a long time.
- [to Brother Bear] Take it easy, Bear. I'll get you a doctor. Look at here, After you get fixed up, Maybe you better take a rest. Cut out that revolutionary game and find our old friend Fox and talk it over with him. Maybe he can help you make up your mind.
- [to the Mafia before destroying them] What's the matter with you? You're not hot in here. Look, If you don't say hello by the time I count to two, I'm gonna busted you. One, Two.
- No, You ain't! [he hits one of the Mafia] We are!
- [repeated line] Stop it, Fox. Stop it.
- Ain't this a bitch!
- Preacher, why don't you shut up? [Preacher Fox: 'Cause I have an electric mouth!]
- Ben, now don't you go believin' that I'm shaky! I still got it Ben! I don't lie to you, or God. I still take care of Rabbit and Bear you know!
- Huh. We can kill anyone we want?
- I'm gonna be puttin' you back now, Ben! [replaces gravestone] Don't you worry 'bout a thing!
- Doorman: This here's where Simple Savior runs his black revolution, brother. Natural black Jesus is the reverend's cousin, too. He gives people the strength to kill whites.
- Brother Bear: Kill whites? [to Preacher Fox] You hear that sh*t? [to Doorman] Any whites?
- Doorman: Yeah, any whites.
- Brother Bear: Ain't this a bitch?
- Preacher Fox: Anyone we want?
- Brother Bear: Ain't this a bitch!
- Preacher Fox: Huh. We can kill anyone we want?
- Doorman: Any whites.
- Preacher Fox: I have one special...
- Brother Bear: [Grabs Fox and pulls him to the side] Stop it, Fox. Stop it.
- Sonny: SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTH!
- Anna Banana: [effeminate voice] Don't you dare strike me, or I'll tell poppa!
- Sonny: Don't start it! If I told poppa what you were doing, he'd break both your arms and legs!
- Anna Banana: [effeminate] So, what's wrong with me taking a little kick-back once in a while on my own?
- Sonny: [speaks Italian] Money, stupid! We take money, NOT BLOW JOBS!
- Anna Banana: You do?
- Sonny: The Mafia takes MONEY!! Remember us? We're the Mafia!
- Preacher Fox: [Talking to a gravestone] Ben, now don't you go believin' that I'm shaky! I still got it Ben! I don't lie to you, or God. I still take care of Rabbit and Bear you know! [picks up gravestone and begins to carry it with him] An' I don't want you or Mama to worry none 'cause ol' Fox here he doesn't gonna...
- Brother Bear: [annoyed] Stop it, Fox, stop it!
- Preacher Fox: I'm gonna be puttin' you back now, Ben! [replaces gravestone] Don't you worry 'bout a thing!
- This is it Folks!
- BARRY WHITE and his men are bustin' out to win! They'll stop the man from calling them "Coonskin"
- If you've been shot on, passed on, gassed on, pushed on or red, white and blued on ... you're ready to turn on to "Coonskin"
- WARNING: "This film offends everybody!"
- Philip Michael Thomas – Randy
- Barry White – Sampson
- Charles Gordone – Preacherman
- Scatman Crothers – Pappy
- Philip Michael Thomas - Brother Rabbit
- Barry White - Brother Bear
- Charles Gordone - Preacher Fox
- Scatman Crothers - Old Man Bone, Additional Voices
- Danny Rees – Clown
- Buddy Douglas – Referee
- Jim Moore – Mime
- Al Lewis – The Godfather
- Richard Paul – Sonny
- Frank de Kova – Madigan
- Ralph Bakshi – Cop With Megaphone