Coraline is a 2009 American stop-motion 3-D horror-fantasy film based on Neil Gaiman's 2002 novel of the same name about a young girl who finds a secret door into another world, which at first seems to be a much better version of her life, but things soon turn dangerous.
- I can't believe it. You and Dad get paid to write about plants, and you hate dirt.
- [Singing] Oh my twitchy witchy girl, i think you are so nice, I give you bowls of porridge and I give you bowls of ice...
creeeeaam. I give you lots of kisses, I give you lots of hugs, but I never give you sandwiches with grease and worms and mung...beans.
- EVIL WITCH!! I'M NOT SCARED!!''
- [To Wybie] And I don't like being stalked! Not by psycho-nerds, or their cats!
- I almost fell down a well, yesterday, Mom.
- Now you're going to stay here forever.
- (screaming) DON'T LEAVE ME! DON'T LEAVE ME! I'LL DIE WITHOUT YOU!
- Coraline, How dare you disobey your mother?!
- I thought we'd play a game!
- I'll give you to the count of three. One... Two... THREE!
- Cat: You probably think this world is a dream come true... but you're wrong.
- Sweet Ghost Girl: Be clever, Miss. Even if you win, she'll never let you go.
- Octopus Toy: Yeah! I wanna hug your face!
- Other Mother: You know I love you.
- Coraline: You...(braces herself) have a very funny way of showing it.
- Mr. Bobinsky: Caroline, wait! The mice asked me to give you message.
- Coraline: The jumping mice?
- Mr. Bobinsky: They are saying, "Do not go through little door." Do you know such a thing?
- Coraline: The one behind the wallpaper? But it's all bricked up.
- Mr. Bobinsky: Ah. So sorry, is nothing. Sometimes mice are little mixed up. They even get your name wrong, you know? They call you "Coraline" instead of "Caroline." Not "Caroline" at all! Maybe I work them too hard.
- Wybie: The (tilts his head) Cat? Uh, okay, I'll just tell grandma (hops over Coraline's bed and heads for the exit) that you couldn't find the doll...
- Coraline: You're NOT LISTENING TO ME!
- Wybie: That's 'cause you're CRAZY! Aahhh! (almost gets hit with a shoe)
- Coraline: You creep!
- Wybie: CRAZY! (hops on motorcycle and speeds off)
- Coraline: CRAZY?! YOU'RE THE JERKWAD THAT GAVE ME THE DOLL!!
- Coraline: (about the Other Mother) Why does she want me?
- Cat: She wants something to love, I think... something that isn't her. (pauses) Or maybe she'd just love something to eat.
- Coraline: Eat? That's ridiculous, mothers don't eat... daughters.
- Cat: I don't know. How do you taste? [chuckles]
- Other Mother: You came and you brought vermin with you.
- Coraline: No I brought a friend.
- Other Mother: You know I love you.
- Coraline: Well you have a very funny way of showing it.
- Spink: Ready to break a leg, Miriam?
- Forcible: Our lives for the theatre, April!
- Forcible: What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason!
- Spink: How infinite in faculty! In form and moving, how express and admirable!
- Forcible: In action, like an angel!
- Spink: In apprehension, how like a god!
- Forcible: The beauty of the world!
- Spink: The paragon of animals!
- Other Mother: Now,you're going to stay here for ever.
- Coraline: No....I'm....NOT! (throws cat at the other mother)
- Other Mother: NO! YOU HORRIBLE CHEATING GIRL!
- Be Careful What You Wish For.
- An Adventure Too Weird For Words.
- Oh. My. God.
- Dakota Fanning – Coraline Jones (voice)
- Teri Hatcher – Mother/Other Mother (voice)
- John Hodgman – Father/Other Father (voice)
- Robert Bailey Jr. – Wyborne "Wybie" Lovat (voice)
- Keith David – The Cat
- Ian McShane – Mr. Bobinsky/Other Bobinsky (voice)
- Jennifer Saunders – Miss April Spink/Other Spink (voice)
- Dawn French – Miss Miriam Forcible/Other Forcible (voice)