Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door (劇場版 カウボーイビバップ 天国の扉, Gekijōban Kaubōi Bibappu: Tengoku no Tobira, titled Cowboy Bebop: Heaven's Door in English), known internationally as Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, is a 2001 animated film based on the Cowboy Bebop television series created by Sunrise. The plot centers on Spike Spiegel and his crew as they find a terrorist who is planning to release a virus on Mars.
- Is there an indelible line dividing sanity from insanity, or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane.
- Know much about purgatory? It's the place between heaven and hell, where those who were left behind, unable to get into heaven continue to suffer, a place of struggle and pain. In other words, the world that we're in now. Halloween is the one day when a soul in purgatory can be released. If he prays hard enough, he can go to heaven at last. Say your prayers.
- On Titan, I lost two things. One was my memory. I couldn't even remember my own name. It's like I wasn't even alive to begin with.
- Before this life of yours ends, tell me something: Is my memory still left on Titan? Am I living in the real world? Or is this just a dream that these butterflies are showing me? Are they a part of the dream?
- It's just that he was all alone. Always by himself. Never anyone to share the game. A man who lived in dreams—that's who he was.
- Years ago, back when I was much younger, I was afraid of nothing. I had not the slightest fear of death. I was ready to die anytime. But then I met a special woman. She made me want to go on living. For the first time, I was afraid of death. A feeling I'd never had before.
- I'm just a gun-toting weathergirl.
- Damn it! Morons don't learn until they die!
- [American translation/dub] Ugh! It's ideas like this that get people killed!
- Renji: You see this logo? That's your security company. I used to work for these guys not long ago.
- Clerk girl: Oooh.
- Renji: They laid me off when they restructured, so now I'm a thief. Ain't that ironic?
- Clerk girl: Uh-huh.
- Renji: Well, then laugh. [Points the gun at the girl's head who then laughs weakly] Laugh a little more. [Girl laughs a bit more] Let's have a big laugh. Ha-ha-ha! [Both laugh] It's nothing to laugh about!
- Spike: 'Scuse me, Jet...
- Jet: What?
- Spike: You said three, not four.
- Thug: Throw down your guns! NOW!
- Jet: [sighs] Disinformation is sometimes required for enemies and allie--
- Spike: Don't pull that Art of War crap on me!
- Thug: DROP 'EM!!
- Spike: And you... you take too long to take a shit!
- Old women: H-He called you a cowboy. What did he mean? What are you?
- Spike: (blows smoke off his gun then twirls it) Just a humble bounty hunter, ma'am.
- [commenting on their diet of instant noodles]
- Spike: A man shouldn't have to live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise. Tell me, have you ever heard of protein, Jet?
- Jet: Did you say something?
- Spike: I was just thinking about meat.
- Spike: You're pretty tough for a corporate girl.
- Electra: The more you know, the shorter your life is.
- Spike: I love a girl who can kick my ass.
- Vincent: I have no fear of death, it just means dreaming in silence, a dream that lasts for eternity.
- Spike: You're an original, aren't you?
- Mendeloh: Do you believe in the devil? Humans see all kinds of beans my friend, but we make up imaginary ones, with pointy horns and pitchforks. In our dreams, we fly like gods, and why is that, huh? Because humans used to fly not too long ago.
- Spike: So you sell drugs here?
- Mendeloh: No, imagination enhancers; if you imagine something, it can come into being. Imagine such a devil, and a devil might appear.
- Bull: Know this, Swimming Bird: This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.
- Spike: Yeah... I see what you mean.
- Get ready for the world of Bebop.
- Say your prayers.
- They're here to save the planet. But not for free.
- Are you living in the real world?
- Kōichi Yamadera - Spike Spiegel
- Megumi Hayashibara - Faye Valentine
- Unshō Ishizuka - Jet Black
- Aoi Tada - Ed
- Tsutomu Isobe - Vincent Volaju
- Ai Kobayashi - Electra Ovilo
- Mickey Curtis - Rasheed
- Yuji Ueda - Lee Sampson
- Steven Blum - Spike Spiegel
- Wendee Lee - Faye Valentine
- Beau Billingslea - Jet Black
- Melissa Fahn - Ed
- Daran Norris - Vincent Volaju
- Jennifer Hale - Electra Ovilo
- Nicholas Guest - Rasheed
- Dave Wittenberg - Lee Sampson