Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (or just simply known as Crash Bandicoot 2) is the 2nd installation in the Crash Bandicoot platforming video game series. In it, the mad scientist Dr. Neo Cortex has survived his previous defeat at the hands of the hyper evolved bandicoot, crashing into a cave full of crystals which will enable him to power an orbitial mind control satellite and enslave the world unless Crash can stop him.
Dr. Neo Cortex
- Well, well, well. If it isn't Crash Bandicoot. Welcome. I apologize for the cruel means used to bring you here, but I'd rather expect a written invitation would be turned down. I need your help. Surrounding you are a series of five doors. Through each door lies a well-hidden crystal. Crystals look like this. [shows hologram of crystal] Bring me the crystals, Crash. That is all I can say for now. We will speak again.
- Well done, Crash! I knew I could rely on you. Now listen carefully; this hologram is hard to maintain. During the course of my intellectual pursuits, I have stumbled across a force that threatens to destroy the world. Crystals are the only means of containing it. The fate of the world is at stake; it is imperative therefore that you bring them to me!
Dr N. Gin
- Like Doctor Cortex said, give the 20 Crystals you've collected to me.
- N. Gin: But Dr. Cortex, to reach full power, we need not only your Master Crystal, but also the remaining 25 Slave Crystals, from the surface. How do you expect to retrieve them when we don't have any earthbound operatives left?
- Dr. Cortex: You fool! Do you think I'm unaware of the situation? If we don't have any friends left in the surface, then we need to find... an enemy.
- [original version] Crash? Crash!? Crash, my battery's fried. Make yourself useful, big brother, and bring an extra battery for me.
- [remastered version] Crash, Crash, Crash! My battery's fried. Make yourself useful, big brother, and bring an extra battery for me.