Crazy Frog, originally known as The Annoying Thing, is a computer-animated character created in 2003 by Swedish actor and playwright Erik Wernquist and Alejandro Cuello. Marketed by the ringtone provider jamba! (later known as Jamster), the animation was originally created to accompany a sound effect produced by Daniel Malmedahl in 1997 while attempting to imitate the sound of a two-stroke engine.
- We appreciate that the frequent broadcast of the same, or similar, commercials can be annoying to some viewers. However, it is for the advertiser and broadcaster to decide how often a particular advertisement is shown.
- 'Crazy Frog' is what the market persist on calling the character The Annoying Thing. I personally hate that name and deeply regret I didn't put a stop to that early on.
- From [the] reactions [to The Annoying Thing I've received] I think the absence of pants is a success (when it comes to annoyance). I will definitely keep them off.
- We don’t like the frog and it brings me out in hives. I go red. The point is that little thing should have its legs chopped off and I’d like to eat them in a restaurant.
- A ring ding ding ding ding, a ring ding ding dingdemgdemg, a ring ding ding ding ding, ring ding baa-baa.