Crazy Frog, originally known as The Annoying Thing, is a computer-animated character created in 2003 by Swedish actor and playwright Erik Wernquist. Marketed by the ringtone provider jamba! (later known as Jamster), the animation was originally created to accompany a sound effect produced by Daniel Malmedahl in 1997 while attempting to imitate the sound of a two-stroke engine.
- We appreciate that the frequent broadcast of the same, or similar, commercials can be annoying to some viewers. However, it is for the advertiser and broadcaster to decide how often a particular advertisement is shown.
- 'Crazy Frog' is what the market persist on calling the character The Annoying Thing. I personally hate that name and deeply regret I didn't put a stop to that early on.
- Erik Wernquist, April 2005.
- From [the] reactions [to The Annoying Thing I've received] I think the absence of pants is a success (when it comes to annoyance). I will definitely keep them off.
- We don’t like the frog and it brings me out in hives. I go red. The point is that little thing should have its legs chopped off and I’d like to eat them in a restaurant.
- A ring ding ding ding ding, a ring ding ding dingdemgdemg, a ring ding ding ding ding, ring ding baa-baa.