Cro (1993-1994) was an animated TV series that aired on PBS Kids, then reran on Noggin from 1999 to 2002. According to the end credits, it was "based on the original idea from the book, The Way Things Work by David Macaulay.
- Ogg, it wasn't Bobb's fault! Let him stay!
- [to Selene] I've got no mother, no father, nobody wants me...except the Neanderthals and they're not to crazy about me! I don't even have a real pet! Just this log!
- (repeated line)
- In cases like this, only one thing to
- (two mammoths tell a joke with humans at the butt)
- That not funny!
- (throws a pie at the mammoths)
- Not politically correct, either!
- (Gogg is telling why Bobb is afraid of him being secluded)
- Gogg: Bobb say something happen when he little boy. Once
- upon a time, Bobb's old tribe--
- Nandy: (interrupting) They cute! Look just like Bobb!
- Gogg: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyway, lay down for nappies. But
- when Bobb wake up...
- Gogg: Bobb...he all alone.
- Gogg: Bobb think Ogg impose punishment too severe for crime!
- What matter? Hole done yet? (sees boulder coming
- pendulum-like towards her) No. Nandy done. Way done!
- (repeated line)
- Neandie: We gonna die!
- Now which lever was that again? Oh, I'm kidding!
- And now without futher ado, I'd like to present my
- Christmas list.
- Pakka: C'mon, Cro. We've gotta finish building the statues!
- Cro (distracted) Not now, Pakka, we're trying to build
- a bridge.
- Pakka: Without supports?
- Cro: (shocked) Supports?
- Big Red: I have decided to accompany you flea-biters this
- time in order to prevent further failure. If we do not succeed on
- our mission tonight, (menacingly) I shall be forced gnaw on
- one of youse.
- (the dire wolves are searching for the Neandies' mung)
- Murray: Hey, where's the mung? Oh yeah!
- (Ogg unravels himself in his sleep)
- Wolves: A HUMAN!
- Murray: And with a big club! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!
- All: (shouting) Ogg gonna die!
- Selene: Yes and quite tastefully, I might add!
Earle and Mojo
Earle and Mojo: Men is in the Valley!
- (Earle is knocking down the slope mechanism)
- Nandy: What that big noise?
- Esmeralda: I don't know, but it could start an avalanche!
- Everyone off the slopes!
- Yes, adult boars would be much bigger, smellier too, than that one! The parents would be very worried about their babies if they went missing.(notices a bunch of boars on the nearby scarp) In fact...
- (Phil crashes back onto Earth)
- Trade cool! Right into the next door neighbor's
- swimming pool.
Dr.C: Mike, there is one lever you over look that just might get Phil out of the shower. I hate to do it. But . . .
(she flushes the toilet)
Episode: "Here's Looking At You, Cro!"
- Porcupine: (to the audience) This may look fun,
- kids, but remember these are trained professionals. Don't try this
- at home!
- Cro was a smart boy,
- Had a lot on the ball
- But the family that took him in
- Was total Neanderthal
- Cro - just a memory
- Of his mammoth friend named Phil
- Who was found by the scientist Dr. C
- And Mike in the Arctic Chill
- Phil fell into a glacier
- It was like a big deep-freeze
- But he was brought back to life to his surprise
- In the 20th Century
- So listen as Phil takes us back
- To wonders of long ago
- And we've a tale of Woollyville
- And an Ice age boy named
- (Cro...Cro... Cro!)
- A mammoth is wise, a mammoth is smart.
- We care about science as we care about art.