Crossroads (1986 film)
(Redirected from Crossroads)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Where I come from, you don't blow no harp, you don't get no pussy.
- Blues ain't nothing but a good man feeling bad, thinking about the woman he once was with.
- Lots of towns … lots of songs … lots of women … good times, bad times … the only thing I wanted anyone to say is … "He could really play … he was good."
- Scratch's Assistant: See you in hell, blind boy.
- Scratch's Assistant: Well, well, well. Who sent you here? Can't talk, little man? [laughs] Bet ya can't play none, either!
- Willie Brown: Mileage. You can't get that living home with your momma wiping your butt.
- Eugene Martone: No, I don't live at home.
- Willie Brown: Where you live?
- Eugene Martone: It's a school dormitory.
- Willie Brown: [sarcastically] Oh, school dormitory. Oh, times is hard. Times is hard!
- Willie Brown: You got your mind made up about how everything works, don't you? How you gonna learn anything new when you know everything already?
- [He picks up Eugene's old, scratched acoustic guitar]
- Willie Brown: Look at this old guitar you been squeaking on. I bet you saw this thing in a music store and bought it just because you thought it was beat up. Well, you got it all wrong. Muddy Waters invented electricity!
- Scratch: You looking for me, Willie Brown? Been a long time, hasn't it, Willie? You about 17 last time we saw each other. One night on this old crossroad, wasn't it?
- Willie Brown: I come to see you, tell you the deal is off. Now, you slipped up on your end of things. I didn't end up where I wanted. I didn't end up with nothing, didn't get nothing!
- Scratch: You got what you was supposed to get, bluesman! Ain't nothing ever as good as we want it to be! But that ain't no reason to break a deal.