Cry-Baby is a 1990 film about a renegade teenage "drape" boy who struggles with his love for a "square" girl. It is a parody of the teen movies of the 1950s.
Too young to be square... Too tough to be shocked... Too late to be savedtaglines
- Written and directed by John Waters.
- You've made me the happiest juvenile delinquent in Baltimore!
- You got it, Allison. You got it raaaaaw.
- Susie Q: Ma, I swiped six hubcaps like a big girl!
- Milton's Father: Let Jesus Christ be your gang-leader!
- Cry-Baby: Kiss me! Kiss me hard.
- Allison: I've never given a French kiss before.
- Cry-Baby: Watch, it's easy. You just open your mouth, and I open mine, and we wiggle our tongues together. And it feels real sexy.
- Cry-Baby: That's right, Allison. My father was the "Alphabet Bomber." He may have been crazy, but he was my pop. Only one I ever had.
- Allison: God. I heard about the Alphabet Bomber. Bombs exploding in the... in the airport and barber shop...
- Cry-Baby: That's right. All in alphabetical order. Car wash... drug store... I used to lay in my crib and hear him scream in his sleep..."A,B,C,D,E,F,G... BOOM! BOOM!"
- Allison: But your mom...
- Cry-Baby: My mother tried to stop him. She couldn't even spell, for Christ's sake, but they fried her too.
- The Judge: By the way, that's a shame about your face.
- Hatchet-Face: There's nothing the matter with my face. I got character!
- Wanda's Father: Hi, Wanda honey.
- Wanda's mother: You were on the radio.
- Wanda: Would you just get me the fuck out of here?
- Wanda's mother: What's "fuck" mean, Hector?
- Wanda's Father: Oh, Maggie, it's just a teen nonsense word Wanda uses to make herself feel all grown-up.
- Wanda's mother: Your Honor, could we take Wanda the fuck home?
- Too young to be square... Too tough to be shocked... Too late to be saved
- Good girls want him bad. Bad girls want him worse.
- He's a doll. He's a dreamboat. He's a delinquent.