Curious George (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Matthew O'Callaghan. Written by Ken Kaufman.
- You don't give a monkey a latte!
- Okay, fellows, last stop. Everybody off.
- Who leaves eight open cans of paint lying around?
- George, what did you do?
- What am I doing? This isn't a movie, it's real!
- Or, at least 10.
- It's the same hat! And the same monkey! You followed me all the way from Africa? To play Peekaboo?
- Junior was right. There is a parking problem in the city!
- Do yourself a favor. You're gonna want to put the cucumbers back on.
- Clovis: [seeing the three-inch idol] Ted, I'm not one to judge. But hasn't its size been exaggerated just a wee bit?
- Cab Driver: There's no screaming in cabs!
- Cab Driver: Where you going, Yellow?
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: Bloomsberry Museum, please. I'll give you 10 bucks extra if you'll stop calling me Yellow.
- Cab Driver: You got it, Sunshine.
- [The kids start talking at once]
- Maggie: Children...
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: Okay, you know what? [sees the George Washington statue] His name's Washington.
- Kid: Man, that's a dumb name!
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: Then call him George! How's that? Happy now?
- Maggie: Oh, I like George.
- [Ted drives up to the docks]
- Ted: [the boat with George in it is already leaving] Oh, no! I'm too late. Or am I? Luckily, movies have taught me exactly what to do in this situation. Kids, don't try this at home. [starts driving full speed toward the pier where the boat left] Here we go! [breaks through the pier gate and goes flying onto the boat] What am I doing? This isn't a movie. IT'S REAL!!! [the car splashes into a pool on the boat]
- Bloomsberry: We'll be cutting through heavy brush for 12 hours a day.
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: Please, just go! Do you understand?
- [George grabs on Ted's leg]
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: His enormous idol looks like it came out of a cereal box!
- Junior: Wow, that must be a huge box of cereal, or...
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: It's only 3 inches tall!
- Clovis: I should hope so, because that is a lot of yellow for one man.
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: You see it's... I thought you were color-blind.
- Clovis: I can see that.
- Miss Plushbottom: [singing operatically] Yoooou... aaaare... FIREEED!
- Painter #1: Hey, she fired us in song.
- Painter #2: It still hurts.
- Mr. Bloomsberry: [to Junior] Nonsense. We promised the people something awe-inspiring, and we're giving it to them, thanks to Ted and George. [to Ted] I knew you wouldn't let me down.
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: Well, sir, I've got to tell you, I came pretty close.
- Mr. Bloomsberry: No, no, Ted, I am so proud of you. You're like the son I never had.
- Junior: Father, I'm your son, remember?
- Mr. Bloomsberry: Yes, but I had you. [to Ted] Ted, this is amazing.
- Ivan: [with a thick Russian accent] If I find pet, you are "ewicted."
- Ted, The Man with the Yellow Hat: E-what-ed?
- Ivan: E-vic-ted!
- Will Ferrell as Ted (The Man in the Yellow Hat)
- Frank Welker as Curious George
- Drew Barrymore as Maggie Dunlop
- Dick Van Dyke as Mr. Bloomsberry
- David Cross as Junior
- Eugene Levy as Clovis
- Joan Plowright as Ms. Plushbottom
- Ed O'Ross as Ivan
- Michael Chinyamurindi as Edu