D.O.A. (1950 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A picture as excitingly different as its title!
- Directed by Rudolph Maté. Written by Russell Rouse and Clarence Greene, based on the play Der Mann, der seinen Mörder sucht by Ernst Neubach.
- [After being told his grim prognosis] Do you realize what you're saying? You're telling me that I'm dead!
- I can breathe and I can move, but I'm not alive because I took that poison, and nothing can save me.
- The woman always gets hurt more than the man.
- I told him I was your confidential secretary, but I guess I didn't sound confidential enough.
- Majak: He's not afraid. You can tell from a man's eyes when he is afraid. Look at his eyes.
- Chester: That's the way I wanna see you go, Bigelow... nice and slow.
- Homicide Detective: Can I help you?
- Frank Bigelow: I'd like to see the man in charge.
- Detective: In here...
- Frank Bigelow: I want to report a murder.
- Homicide Captain: Sit down. Where was this murder committed?
- Frank Bigelow: San Francisco, last night.
- Captain: Who was murdered?
- Frank Bigelow: I was.
- Dr. MacDonald: Of course, I'll have to notify the police. This is a case for Homicide.
- Frank Bigelow: Homicide?
- Dr. MacDonald: I don't think you fully understand, Bigelow. You've been murdered.
- Frank Bigelow: Forget the bills. You know that coat you want? Get it.
- Paula Gibson: You are drunk.
- Paula Gibson: Frank, I don't know how to say this.
- Frank Bigelow: Say what?
- Paula Gibson: Well, what I want to say is that there's nothing you can do that you ever have to feel guilty about.
- Frank Bigelow: Who's the blonde?
- Eddie: Oh she's one of the chicks that hang around here; she's jive crazy.
- Frank Bigelow: [about Reynolds] You're mighty careful about the picture of a man you haven't heard from in months. [about a signature on the photo] What does the 'Ray' stand for?
- Marla Rakubian: It was a pet name. Do you mind?
- Frank Bigelow: It all sounds very cozy, Miss Rakubian. You and Reynolds call each other pet names while you make a sucker out of Philips.
- Marla Rakubian: Philips made the deal because he wanted it.
- Frank Bigelow: Yeah, I'll bet you weren't above using what it takes to make him want it. Who's paying for this trip?
- Marla Rakubian: I am.
- Frank Bigelow: Really? A first class trip to Buenos Aires on a model's salary? Don't make me laugh. Since you and Reynolds won't be seeing each other anymore, you don't mind if I keep this, do you?
- [He folds the photo and puts it in his inside suit pocket]
- Marla Rakubian: If I were a man, I'd punch your dirty face in.
- Frank Bigelow: You know I really believe you would.
- [After Bigelow dies]
- Deputy: How shall I make out the report on him, Captain?
- Captain: Better make it dead on arrival.
- Edmond O'Brien - Frank Bigelow
- Pamela Britton - Paula Gibson
- Luther Adler - Majak
- Lynn Baggett - Mrs. Philips
- William Ching - Halliday
- Henry Hart - Stanley Philips
- Beverly Garland - Miss Foster
- Neville Brand - Chester
- Laurette Luez - Marla Rakubian