Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "I really think I have to find a partner that compliments me but still pushes me and is better at some things than I am, so they can inspire me to improve myself as a person."
- speaking on why she is still single (19 August 2022)
- "So many guys don’t want me, they want my dad. I dated a guy, and he was like; when is he going to meet my dad. I want someone to love the shit out of me and like to be happy and not my dad."
- "I’m excited not only to play music but showcase the vast array of talented artists cultivating the music scene on the continent.”
- "So Neo-Afrobeats is basically a fusion of Afrobeats with different elements. So it can be Hip Hop, it can be House, it can be Pop."
- Her definition of Neo-Afrobeats (20 November 2020)
- "Africa is endowed with an array of diverse talents and creatives that are excellent in their fields. Music lovers from all over the world have begun to see how phenomenal Afrobeat is and have been captivated by our unique sound. There’s been a spin and the spotlight is on us now."
- "I’ve had quite a number of career highlights for which I feel truly blessed that my hard work has met with success. I’m so proud of my African heritage and always have a sense of fulfillment when I’m given the opportunity to serve."
- Career highlights (27 August 2020)
- "The show represents a journey from West to East and North to South, but importantly a narrative of Africa then to Africa now.”
- Her statement as Apple Music’s show host (29 May 2020)
- "100 per cent. London was the focal point for me, going to university in London allowed me to fall even more in love with nightlife and allowed me to create a space that was kind of transatlantic."
- "Covid-19 definitely threw a wrench in plans made for 2020. Nobody envisaged a pandemic of this magnitude when setting goals for the year. The need to limit all forms of physical contact has definitely shifted the perspective. We’ve had to adjust to the current reality and shift solely to virtual gatherings."
- How she has been affected by Covid-19 crisis (27 August 2020)
- "I’ve grown from being a young girl with dreams to a woman with a global vision. My talent is a platform for more things to come and everyday the Cuppy mission gets even bigger. I have the most supportive fans, friends and family rooting for me and I’m very determined not to let them down. Their love spurs me on and motivates me to keep pushing no matter how rough or tough things get."
- Daily motivation and the driving force that keeps her going (27 August 2020)
- "I was like 15, 16 and I walked into a club in Lagos, underaged, and I fell in love with the fact that the DJ had so much power."
- The first time she came across the DJ’ing world (20 November 2020)
- "With dating you have to be open-minded; I actually enjoy dating. When you go on a date, it is about talking and getting to know each other. I am ‘super open’, I want to be dating and that is why I met the bus driver."
- Sneak peek into her private life (9 November 2021)
- "Well, Cuppy comes from cupcakes. I was obsessed with baking when I was younger and let’s just say, I had cheeks like cupcakes. I was really cheerful and I just loved anything sugary so people used to call me cupcake."
- How she came up with the name DJ Cuppy (20 November 2020)
- "So I feel like I’m a bit of a, you know, oxymoron in my environment, I feel like I’m a contradiction. And so for me, it was about finding a name that represented me going against the grain."
- Inspiration behind the Original Copy debut album (20 November 2020)
- "Best believe Tobi IS going to school and the @CuppyFoundation will provide EVERY she needs until she graduates!"