Dallin H. Oaks
Dallin Harris Oaks (born August 12, 1932) is an American attorney, jurist, author, professor, public speaker, and religious leader. Since 1984, he has been a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). On January 16, 2018, he was formally announced as the first counselor of the First Presidency of the Church, serving under Russell M. Nelson.
- I submit that religious values and political realities are so inter-linked in the origin and perpetuation of this nation that we cannot lose the influence of religion in our public life without seriously jeopardizing our freedoms.
- "Dallin H Oaks - Religious Liberty's Canterbury Medal", Becket Fund for Religious Liberty Statement
- Unpopular minority religions are especially dependent upon a constitutional guarantee of free exercise of religion. We are fortunate to have such a guarantee in the United States, but many nations do not. The importance of that guarantee should make us ever diligent to defend it.
- Fundamentals of Our Consitutions, 17 September 2010
- None should resist the plea that we unite to increase our concern for the welfare and future of our children — the rising generation.
- Dallin H. Oaks, Dallin H. Oaks Advocates for Children, Deseret News, 6 October 2012
- Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.
- Desire, Dallin H. Oaks, April 2011
- You can never get enough of what you don't need, because what you don't need won't satisfy you.
- Joy and Mercy, Dallin H. Oaks, November 1991
- The Atonement of Jesus Christ and the healing it offers do much more than provide the opportunity for repentance from sins. The Atonement also gives us the strength to endure 'pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind,' because our Savior also took upon Him 'the pains and the sicknesses of his people' (Alma 7:11). Brothers and sisters, if your faith and prayers and the power of the priesthood do not heal you from an affliction, the power of the Atonement will surely give you the strength to bear the burden.
- He Heals the Heavy Laden, Dallin H. Oaks, October 2006
- If you wish to marry well, inquire well.
- Divorce, Dallin H. Oaks, April 2007
- If we choose the wrong road, we choose the wrong destination.
- Be Not Deceived, Dallin H. Oaks, October 2004
- It's wrong to criticize leaders of the church, even if the criticism is true.
- Dallin H. Oaks, Dallin H. Oaks - Official Profile.
- Dallin H. Oaks, Mormon Newsroom Leader Biographies.
- Dallin H. Oaks, Dallin H. Oaks - Short Biography.
- Dallin H. Oaks, Dallin H. Oaks, BYU President
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|