Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Praying is another way of singing.
You plant in the tree the soul of lemons.
You plant in the gardens the spirit of roses.
- Poem Song for Dov Shamir in: Dannie Abse (1963), Dannie Abse, p. 8
- I know the colour rose, and it is lovely,
But not when it ripens in a tumour.
- Poem The Pathology of Colours in: Dannie Abse (1981) Miscellany One - Volume 1, p. 65
- You sod, Leave my soul alone, leave my soul alone
- Poem In the theatre, in: Dannie Abse (1997) Welsh retrospective, p. 43
- And silence matched the silence under snow.
- Poem In the theatre; Quoted in: Tony Curtis (1985) Dannie Abse, p. 32