Dead Silence (originally titled Shhhh... and Silence, with alternate title suggestions such as The Doll and Mary Shaw) is a 2007 horror film directed by James Wan and written by Leigh Whannell.
You Scream. You dietaglines
- Remember, whatever happens, don't scream!
- What do you want me to tell you?
- Who would've dug up a dummy and sent it to me?
- Surrender. Hmm. To the wonders of takeout.
- (to Billy)If you scare Jamie I'll give you seven minutes in Heaven, with my barbie!
- Beware the stare of Mary Shaw. She had no children, only dolls. And if you see her in your dreams, be sure to never, ever scream.
- Silence those who silenced me!
- ...She was pregnant.
- Now, who's the dummy!?!
- Who said that? (regarding Michael Ashen saying her lips moved)
- Can you help me with a missing persons case? (points at Jamie) I'm looking for a male, about this tall, sometimes seen with his hand up his ass.
- I haven't even got a full tank of gas!
- Something less perplexing than a ghost story!
- You know, Jamie, you really are forgetting to use the word "perplexed" a lot, aren't you?
- Ella: Now....whos the dummy!
- Henry: No-one in this town will even speak her name, nor go near her grave. They know she won't stop killing... until the screaming does.
- Lisa: Beware the stare of Mary Shaw. She had no children, only dolls. And if you see her in your dreams: be sure to never, ever scream.
- Det. Lipton: [to Jamie, after Jamie pushes him down] Jaime! You don't want to make me chase you!
- Det. Lipton: [after Jamie drives away, heads to his car] I don't even have a full tank of gas!
- Det. Lipton: [walks up to Jamie] Can you help me with a missing persons case? I’m looking for a male.
- [points to Jamie]
- Det. Lipton: 'Bout this tall. Sometimes seen with a hand up his ass.
- MC: Prepare to be astounded, prepare to be amazed, as Mary Shaw brings life into this wooden boy!
- Det. Lipton: I've been asking around. Nobody here has even heard of Mary Shaw!
- Jamie: That's because they're too afraid to talk about her!
- Jamie: I promised to make you dinner right?
- Lisa: Yeah.
- Jamie: Well, I'm making you a gourmet dinner.
- Jamie: Trust me. It'll be worth the wait.
- Lisa: Surrender. Hmm. Surrender to the wonders of take-out.
- Jamie: Oh. I knew this was coming.