Dead to Rights
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dead to Rights is a neo-noir third-person action video game for PlayStation 2 and Xbox.
- Jack: Grant City. Hardest place on earth. People aren't born here. They're forged out of broken bones and blood money. Fortunes are lost and found on a daily basis, and if you're not one of the lucky finders, you're probably dead. That's not to say there's no justice here, it's just hard to reach sometimes. Under the layers of crime and corruption that stretch between the gutter and the glamour. It was another grey autumn. The leaves were changing from go-green to caution-yellow. Pretty soon they'd be danger-red, then dead-brown.
- Jack: (to Preacherman Jones as they plot his escape) If this works, I'll be back to get you out of here Preacherman.
- Preacherman Jones: The Lord don't like empty promises, son.
- Jack: Faith padre, faith.
- Sickle: (about to execute Jack) Hey Slate! When you get to Hell mention my name and they'll give you a discount!
- Jack: They say every criminal returns to the scene of the crime, but very rarely do the good guys.
- Jack: (after giving a speech on the outcome of the game and the hardness of the city) Well, I can tell you this for a fact: Jack Slate is about as far from dead as you can imagine.
- (As a news report about Jack's death plays in the background, Preacherman Jones receives a package with a file, a gold bar and a postcard from Jack saying "faith padre, faith". Preacherman quickly realizes what it means)
- Preacherman Jones: God bless Jack Slate! (runs to his cell door) Guard!