(Redirected from Debating)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Debate is a formal method of interactive and position representational argument.
- I never knew any debatable point not maintained on both sides by unanswerable arguments ; …
- Argument is to me the air I breathe. Given any proposition, I cannot help believing the other side and defending it.
- Gertrude Stein
- First written as an undergraduate at Radcliffe College (1895); "The Radcliffe Manuscripts", Form and Intelligibility (1949)
- Ignorantia non est argumentum.
- Translation: Ignorance is no argument.
- Baruch Spinoza, Ethica ordine geometrico demonstrata et in quinque parses distincta, Part 1, Addendum; Amsterdam, 1677.
- Originally used to oppose traditional theological views that everything exists and is determined by divine intervention because no other plausible reason or explanation is seen.