Demetrius and the Gladiators
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Messalina: Why did you run? I don't think you're a coward. You had no real chance of escaping, you must have known that!
- Demetrius: This is a place where men are trained to kill each other like animals!
- Messalina: And men aren't animals?
- Demetrius: No!
- Messalina: We admire a magnificent animal who fights. Why not a man who fights ?
- Demetrius: Because God did not put man on earth to destroy his own kind. Nor a woman to enjoy their agonies as they die.
- Demetrius: Did you know that Jesus could turn water into wine? And that was only one of his tricks.
- Peter: Yes, only one. Anything that was base, He could make noble. He found a leper and made him clean. He found death and He made life. He found you a slave, and He made you free.
- Demetrius: Get out!
- Peter: And now you've won a great victory over Him, haven't you tribune ? You've made yourself a slave again.
- The continuation of the greatest story of love and faith in the history of entertainment!
- It begins where "The Robe" left off!
- Victor Mature — Demetrius
- Susan Hayward — Messalina
- Michael Rennie — Peter
- Debra Paget — Lucia
- Jay Robinson — Caligula
- William Marshall — Glycon
- w:Ernest Borgnine — Strabo
- Barry Jones — Claudius
- Anne Bancroft — Paula