Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It's practically my subject, my theme: solitude and community; the weirdness and terrors of solitude: the stifling and consolations of community. Also, the consolations of solitude.
- Paris Review' 154, Spring 2000 
- And in a disused shed in Co. Wexford,
Deep in the grounds of a burnt-out hotel,
Among the bathtubs and the washbasins
A thousand mushrooms crowd to a keyhole.
- Poem A Disused Shed in Co. Wexford (lines 10-13); in The Oxford Book of Contemporary Verse ed. D. J. Enright
- Encyclopedic article on Derek Mahon at Wikipedia