Devil (also known as The Night Chronicles: Devil) is a United States 2010 supernatural horror film based on a story by M. Night Shyamalan and is the first of The Night Chronicles trilogy. Centering on five people trapped in a lift following a mysterious suicide, who begin to realise the Devil is among them as they start to mysteriously die.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Jane Kowski ("Old Woman")
- [Last Lines] Damn I really wanted you
- You think you can be forgiven?
- You think this will make you good? You're not good.
- You think you can make up for the choices you made?
- Whores, liars, cheaters, & deserters: all in the same.
- Is he picking a fight?
Ben Larson ("Guard")
- What was that?
- (To mechanic) It won't work, not until they're dead for a few hours.
Sarah Caraway (Young woman)
- Are you threatening me? (towards the Mechanic)
- It feels like something *bit* me!
- Turn on the lights!
- Oh my god, it is you. (towards the Mechanic)
- Please don't let him kill me Ben.
- Do i look like such a threat?
- Don't come near me, any of you.
- And what will be your defence? Huh? She killed them all, so I had to kill her?
- KILL HIM BEN! KILL HIM BEFORE HE KILLS US!
- You take me down, they're pinning all of this on you.
- I'll put this down if you do too.
- I think someone pulled my blouse.
- Well this is reassuring.
- Where's Ramsey? He knows me.
- I'm Sarah.
- What is that?
- He's trying to escape.
- Keep him away from me.
- Do you seriously think I would do this to myself?
- I've never seen a person die.
Vince McCormick (Mattress Salesman)
- When's the last time you heard somebody say 'hang tough'?
- Oh, this is not good...
Anthony "Tony" Janekowski (Mechanic)
- Must be working on the power again.
- Yeah ! I spent some time in Afghanistan..
- If I can get up there, I can maybe figure out what's wrong with this thing.
- I'am a mechanic. I'm pretty good with this sort of thing..
- They cant hear you. We BOTH know who did this."towards Sarah"
- Dwight: [over radio] You sure you're reading that right? Your eyes ain't what they used to be.
- Lustig: [in control room] You know what, I'll ask your mom to read it for me next time I got her bent over the console.
- Dwight: My mom's 78, have at it.
- Ramirez: [seeing ghostly face on monitor] You see it?
- Lustig: Yeah, look, that's just... That's just grain in the image. That's, you know, it's a mistake. It's like when people see Jesus in a pancake or something.
- Bad Things Happen For A Reason
- On any ordinary day, our lives are filled with chance encounters and random events. But today everything happens for a reason. This fall, one of these five people is not who they appear to be.
- From Universal Pictures comes a new nightmare from the mind of M. Night Shyamalan.
- Five strangers trapped. One of them is not what they seem.
- The Night Chronicles Begin.
- Chris Messina - Detective Bowden
- Logan Marshall-Green - Anthony "Tony" (listed on the credits as "Mechanic")
- Bojana Novakovic - Sarah (listed on the credits as "Young Woman")
- Bokeem Woodbine - Ben Larson (listed on the credits as "Guard")
- Geoffrey Arend - Vince McCormick (listed on the credits as "Salesman")
- Jenny O'Hara - Jane Kowski (listed on the credits as "Old Woman")
- Matt Craven - Lustig
- Jacob Vargas - Ramirez
- Joshua Peace - Detective Markowitz
- Joe Cobden - Dwight
- Caroline Dhavernas - Elsa Nahai (forensic psychiatrist)
- Zoie Palmer - Cheryl (Tony fiancee)
- Vincent Laresca - Henry
- Craig Eldridge - Donnelly
- Killian Gray - Uni
- Kelly Jones - Firefighter Kurtzy
- Lee Olivera - Firefighter
- Joe Pingue - Business Bureau Clerk
- Jonathan Potts - Wayne Kazan (divorce lawyer for Sarah)
- Alice Poon - Officer Choi
- Gage Munroe - Jesse Bowden
- Stacy Chbosky - Car Crash Woman