Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can't just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream, you've got to get out there and make it happen yourself.
- As quoted in Jet magazine, Vol. 67, No. 2 (4 February 1985), p. 40
- A reporter once asked me if I ever cried. I wonder if people think I'm just as hard as a rock and have no emotions at all.
- As quoted in Call Her Miss Ross : The Unauthorized Biography of Diana Ross (1989) by J. Randy Taraborrelli
- "You know, you do need mentors; but in the end, you really just need to believe in yourself."
- “I really, deeply believe that dreams do come true. Often, they might not come when you want them. They come in their own time.”
- “My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities.”
- "So I'm not worried about the emotions I carry with me, because I'm happy that I have them I think it's good for the work I do. The emotions that are not healthy are the ones you hold inside, like anger."
Quotes about person/work
- Diana Ross is a big inspiration to all of us. We all grew up watching everything about her - her mike placement, her grace, her style and her class.