Dick Tracy vs. Cueball
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Gordon Douglas. Written by Dane Lussier, based on characters in Dick Tracy by Chester Gould.
They've thrilled you in the comics... They'll startle you ON THE SCREEN! (taglines)
- Pat Patton: I called Sparkle's house.
- Dick Tracy: Did you say who you were?
- Pat Patton: No! Do you think I'm that dumb?
- Dick Tracy: Well, we won't go into that.
- Dick Tracy: Where have you been?
- Pat Patton: If I told you, you wouldn't believe me.
- Dick Tracy: Well, don't tell me.
- Pat Patton: I'll tell you anyway.
- Filthy Flora: I thought they put ya away for ten years.
- Harry 'Cueball' Lake: They did.
- Filthy Flora: Ten years! Time sure flies, don't it?
- Harry 'Cueball' Lake: Not where I was, it don't!
- [Tess observes four beautiful women leave Dick Tracy's office]
- Tess Trueheart: I can see that police work might be very interesting.
- Dick Tracy: Now, Tess, those were policewomen.
- Vitamin Flintheart: Policewomen? Ha! A man is confronted with jeopardy from all sides.
- [Tess objects to Junior reading about a gory murder in the newspaper]
- Dick Tracy: Tess is right, Junior. Say, how would you like a lifetime job showing Junior what to read?
- Tess Trueheart: Why, Dick Tracy. Proposing so early in the morning?
- Junior Tracy: Why don't ya just marry him so he can stop proposin'?
- Simon Little: Why you-you fool! You big, stupid, blundering fool!
- Harry 'Cueball' Lake: Shaddup!
- Simon Little: You killed him... you murdered Abbott! Why did you kill him? Why? Why?
- Harry 'Cueball' Lake: 'Cause he was gonna plug me. Okay. I got the diamonds - where's my dough?
- Simon Little: Keep the diamonds... go to the chair with them. I won't touch them.
- Harry 'Cueball' Lake: You rat!
- They've thrilled you in the comics... They'll startle you ON THE SCREEN!
- Morgan Conway — Dick Tracy
- Dick Wessel — Harry "Cueball" Lake
- Anne Jeffreys — Tess Trueheart
- Lyle Latell — Pat Patton
- Esther Howard — Filthy Flora
- Ian Keith — Vitamin Flintheart
- Max Wagner — Max