Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want
But I can't hide
I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
Until you're resting here with me
I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
Until you're resting here with me.
- If you were a king up there on your throne
would you be wise enough to let me go?
For this queen you think you own
Wants to be a hunter again
wants to see the world alone again
to take a chance on life again
so let me go.
- My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
the morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey, but your picture on my wall
it reminds me that it's not so bad
it's not so bad
- If you gave me just a coin for every time we say goodbye
Well I'd be rich beyond my dreams, I'm sorry for my weary life
I know I'm not perfect but I can smile
and I hope that you see this heart behind my tired eyes.
- I'm No Angel
- Why don't I watch the ocean?
My lover's gone.
No earthly ships will ever bring him home again
bring him home again...
- My Lovers Gone
- It's all right to make mistakes, you're only human
Inside everybody's hiding something.
- And the last words I heard him say were
I shall return for you my love on Christmas Day...
- Christmas Day
Life for Rent (2003)
- I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be.
- When you're stoned, baby, I am drunk.
And we make love, it seems a little desolate
It's hard sometimes not to look away
And think what's the point when I'm having to hold this fire down
I think I'll explode if I can't feel this freely now. When your stalled baby take me home.
- I haven't ever really found a place that I call home
I never stick around quite long enough to make it
I apologize that once again I'm not in love
But it's not as if I mind
that your heart ain't exactly breaking.
- If you're cold I'll keep you warm
If you're low just hold on
Cause I will be your safety
Oh don't leave home.
- I've still got sand in my shoes
And I can't shake the thought of you
I should get on, forget you
Why, why would I want to
I know we said goodbye
Anything else would've been confused but I wanna see you again.
- And we danced, and we drank
And I've seen something you probably never got the chance to see
Don't worry, Mary
Cause I'm taking care of Danny
And he's taking care of me
- Mary's In India
- Not sad because you lost me
But sad because you thought it was cool to be sad
- See You When You're 40