Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about an educator is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Despite the annual embarrassment of India scoring a poor rank on the Global Hunger Index, nutrition and hunger hardly merit a mention in the budget speeches of our finance ministers. The last time there was anything related to tackling malnutrition among women and children was in 2014-15 – the first budget of the Narendra Modi government – where Arun Jaitley announced that a national nutrition mission would be launched. [...] Notwithstanding its positioning, budget 2020 in effect fails on many counts to respond to the nutrition challenge in India. The direct programmes which address the multidimensional nature of malnutrition including the ICDS, mid-day meals, PMMVY and Poshan Abhiyan are underfunded and at the same time PDS which contributes to basic food security is sought to be undermined. The government seems to be oblivious to the situation of hunger in the country. It further seeks to create an illusion of plenty by arguing in the Economic Survey in its chapter on 'Thalinomics' that food affordability has increased in the last few years. This chapter is based on a flawed methodology where it compares food prices as a proportion of incomes of workers in organised manufacturing who comprise less than 5% workers in India and does not take into account that wages for the majority have been stagnating and unemployment is at its peak.
- Dipa Sinha's profile at Ambedkar University Delhi
- Dipa Sinha's profile at Oxfam India
- Dipa Sinha at Google Scholar
- Dipa Sinha at ResearchGate
- Dipa Sinha at Academia.edu
- Mamatha, T.; Sarada, Devireddy (2009). Child Rights: ICDS Programme. Discovery Publishing House. p. 114. ISBN 978-81-8356-429-8.
- Drèze, Jean; Sen, Amartya (2013). An Uncertain Glory: India and its Contradictions. Penguin Books Limited. ISBN 978-1-84614-762-3.
- Lanjouw, Peter; Stern, Nicholas (2018). How Lives Change: Palanpur, India, and Development Economics. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-252907-7.
- E-PDS could have helped migrants, but scheme still lacks the scale (March 30, 2020) by Zia Haq, Hindustan Times
- COVID-19: Delhi's PDS System is Failing People When Needed Most by Gaurav Vivek Bhatnagar, 10 April 2020, The Wire
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana To Provide Free Rations During Coronavirus Lockdown Extended, What Does It Mean For People On The Ground? (July 14, 2020) by Barkha Mathur, edited by Sonia Bhaskar, NDTV
- Everything You Need To Know About E Governance Services (July 16, 2020), by Tariq Gardezi, Parle Magazine
- Granaries Overflowing With Food, Why States Are Unable To Provide The Needy? by Preetha Nair, 28 July 2020, Outlook
- Over 130 former civil servants, academicians call for withdrawal of contempt case against Prashant Bhushan, 27 July 2020, National Herald