Dita Von Teese
- Good manners. They're forgotten in America. I think it's bad manners to stand around in public with ripped jeans and your hair in a mess, holding a Starbucks.
- 5-Minute interview (18 November 2006).
- Madonna is the only modern celebrity who is truly a style icon. Who else has the audacity to dress like her these days? She really influenced how I wanted to look when I was growing up, and made me realize that I didn’t have to look like a blond beach bunny or a Playboy model.
- Praising Madonna for inspiring her to be an individual (18 July 2007).
- You know how some celebrities have fans of the opposite sex, who imagine they’re going to marry them and live happily ever after? I have a different thing. Over the past 15 years I’ve had a few female fans who’ve gone overboard and been upset because we didn’t become best friends and go shopping together.
- Interview by Crushable (1 August 2007).
- Playboy is the second most-recognised symbol in the world after Coca-Cola, It’s a Hollywood walk of fame for female bodies. My dad is a different story – he threw me out of the house when I was 16 because I worked in the lingerie store and wore black lace panties. But he loved that I was on the Playboy cover; suddenly I was his daughter again. In fact, everything changed after the Playboy cover. Before, people were scared of me, but suddenly what I did was validated.
- Dita Von Teese on posing for Playboy (13 August 2007).
- At eurovision, The Armenians are killing me with their hair and especially the fierce cateye liner! LOVE! I am part Armenian, in fact.
- On the Armenians in the Eurovision Song Contest (15 May 2009).