(Redirected from Divine)
Holiness is the state of being holy or sacred.
- Ra's al Ghul: We all have our addictions, Detective. Whisper's is me. In turn, mine is the Lazarus Pit. My daughter's is you. And yours is your holy quest.
- Greg Rucka Detective Comics Vol 1 #750
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 368-69.
- Might make a saintship of an anchorite.
- Where'er we tread 'tis haunted, holy ground.
- God attributes to place
No sanctity, if none be thither brought
By men who there frequent.
- Whoso lives the holiest life
Is fittest far to die.
- Margaret Junkin Preston, Ready.
- But all his mind is bent to holiness,
To number Ave-Maries on his beads;
His champions are the prophets and apostles,
His weapons holy saw of sacred writ,
His study is his tilt-yard, and his loves
Are brazen images of canonized saints.
- He who the sword of heaven will bear
Should be as holy as severe;
Pattern in himself to know,
Grace to stand, and virtue go;
More or less to others paying
Than by self-offences weighing.
Shame to him whose cruel striking
Kills for faults of his own liking!
- Our holy lives must win a new world's crown.
- Holiness is the architectural plan upon which God buildeth up His living temple.
- Charles Spurgeon, Gleanings Among the Sheaves, Holiness.