Dominic Mckenzie Cummings (born 25 November 1971) is a British political strategist who served as chief adviser to UK prime minister Boris Johnson from July 2019 until November 2020. From 1999 to 2002, Cummings was campaign director at Business for Sterling, the campaign against the UK joining the Euro. From 2015 to 2016, he was director of Vote Leave, an organisation which successfully executed the 2016 referendum campaign for Britain's exit from the European Union.
|This article related to politics in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The poor buggers are caught between structural dysfunction and politicians running around who don’t really know what they’re doing all day or what the purpose of their being in power is. Everyone thinks there’s some moment, like in a James Bond movie, where you open the door and that’s where the really good people are, but there is no door.
- Quoted in The Times, 16 June 2014
- Well, I think there is a very profound question about the nature of our political system that means that we got at the last election a choice between Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson. I think any system that ends up giving a choice between two people like that as the people to lead is obviously a system that has gone extremely, extremely badly wrong. There are so many thousands and thousands of wonderful people in this country who could provide better leadership than either of those two, and there is obviously something terribly wrong with the political parties if that is the best that they can do.
Dominic Cummings on Dominic Cummings
- It is completely crazy that I should have been in such a senior position, in my personal opinion. I am not smart. I have not built great things in the world.
Quotes about Dominic Cummings
- Ian Hislop: He literally is an arsonist pretending to be a firefighter.
Paul Merton: When you say he's an arsonist, is that word not slightly too long?
- Have I Got News For You (28 May 2021)