Jump to navigation Jump to search
Donald Frank "Don" Cheadle Jr. (born November 29, 1964) is an Academy Award nominated and Golden Globe winning American actor and producer who has appeared in numerous films and television series since the early 1980s.
- I think I’m somewhat defined by my race for sure, and I’m good with that and I actually want that to be a part. I think that should be fodder for our work — we should use all aspects of ourselves. I’m always trying to find a place where that’s actually an impact on what I’m doing as opposed to going, “Well, we’re all just people and we’re the same.”
- Don Cheadle, Kerry Washington Talk Frankly About Life in Hollywood. Variety. (June 5, 2013)
- People treat actors and people in the public eye differently from how they’d treat anybody else in their lives. You would never come up to a stranger, throw your arm around them and say, ‘Hey, buddy, lemme get this picture.’ You think it’s OK to do that?
- ‘It has to be hot. It has to be creative’: Don Cheadle on his 10-year quest to play Miles Davis. The Guardian. (April 2, 2016).
- This [Racism] is a systemic, institutionalized problem that we are all fully aware of.
- Don Cheadle Pleads With White Friends and Colleagues: “Get on the Front Lines With Us”. The Hollywood Reporter. (June 2, 2020).
- I hope to use my ‘celebrity’ to motivate people and contribute to moving our global society back from the brink. I am surprised environment is not at the top of the agenda. What is more important than food and clean air? We need a big push.
- Don Cheadle. United Nations Environment Programme.org.