Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- “Gary, how did they do this without me knowing?” I asked. “I don’t know how Debbie relates to the officers,” Gary said. He described the party as fully under the control of Hillary’s campaign, which seemed to confirm the suspicions of the Bernie camp. The campaign had the DNC on life support, giving it money every month to meet its basic expenses, while the campaign was using the party as a fund-raising clearinghouse. Under FEC law, an individual can contribute a maximum of $2,700 directly to a presidential campaign. But the limits are much higher for contributions to state parties and a party’s national committee.
- As quoted in "Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC" (November 02, 2017), by Donna Brazile, PoliticoMagazine
- Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. The play that game because they have no other game. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them.
- As quoted in "Gore Aide Dealt From Bottom of Race Deck, Powell Says" (7 January 2000), by Ceci Connolly, The Washington Post
- There are people who just don't believe in the existence of a god. I don't know why because clearly, there is strong evidence that there's a god. But I believe that you serve all the people, not just those who profess to have faith but those with little or no faith. That's how you convert them.