Donovan's Brain (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: Perhaps I'll cure Frank and every other alcoholic if I can solve the mystery of Donovan's Brain. I think it's a matter of chemistry how the brain thinks. The problem is to find out what chemical combinations are responsible for success... failure... happiness... misery.
- Janice Cory: Sounds impossible.
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: But it is not. It can't be. There has to be a way.
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: I think someday you'll be as famous as Madame Eve Curie.
- Janice Cory: We'll if I'm as useful to you as she was to her husband, I'll settle for that.
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: You're just as useful and lots prettier.
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: [after Cory wakes Scratt up from a drunken stupor] My dear Dr. Schratt, you sober up with more [pauses and shrugs] grace than anyone I ever saw. You're terrific. C'mon, let's go.
- Dr. Frank Schratt: Are you kidding? [He holds out his shaking hand] Look! Nope.
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: Frank, don't let me down.
- Dr. Frank Schratt: What's more useless than a surgeon with a hangover? I'm a drunken zero.! I pass!
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: No, you don't. I'd rather have you do a corneal transplant for me drunk than anyone else sober. [Pulls him by the arm] Let's go boy.
- Dr. Frank Schratt: You're brilliant but not normal.
- Dr. Patrick J. Cory: [Laughs] So are you, but are you and who is?
- Lew Ayres — Dr. Patrick Cory
- Nancy Davis — Janice Cory
- Gene Evans — Dr. Frank Schratt
- Steve Brodie — Yocum