Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dora Akunyili (14 July 1954 – 7 June 2014) was the director-general of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) of Nigeria from 2001 to 2008.
Dora Akunliyi Monument at Ezinano Agulu
- "The founding fathers of Nigeria had a dream of building a united, prosperous, and developed nation-state where social justice reigns. We also have to continue to dream because once we stopped dreaming then life is gone.”
-  Dora giving her last speech before her death at a National conference
- "Women tend to be less corrupt and more focused. There are many more great women leaders out there who need to be given a chance."
-  Dora at a private meeting at the Wilson Centre in 2006.
- "When you have a big sister like me, your problem will never be cash but how to spend your money.
-  Dora at an interview with Dr. Damages
- I am convinced that Nigeria should remain as one nation after 100 years despite her challenges because our common values overwhelm our differences.
-  Dora's thoughts on Nigeria
- A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
-  Dora Akunliyi last public speech quoting a Greek proverb