- (in a letter to Jonathan Harker) My friend. Welcome to the Carpathians. I am anxiously expecting you. At the Borgo Pass, my carriage will await you and bring you to me. I trust your journey from London has been a happy one, and that you will enjoy your stay in my beautiful land. Your friend, D.
- Welcome to my home. Enter freely of your own will, and leave some of the happiness you bring.
- Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds... true love?
- (noticing the crucifix Jonathan Harker wears) Do not put your faith in such trinkets of deceit! We are in Transylvania, and Transylvania is not England. Our ways are not your ways. And, to you, there shall be many strange things...
- (as wolves howl) Ahh, listen to them! (laughs) The children of the night. What sweet music they make!
- (Mina sees him violating Lucy in a wolf-like form) No! Do not see me!
- I have crossed oceans of time to find you.
- (helping Mina befriend a wolf) He likes you. There is much to be learned from beasts.
- Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me.
- (about to complete Lucy's transformation into a vampire) Your impotent men with their foolish spells cannot protect you from my power. I condemn you to living death, to eternal hunger for living blood!
- There is no life in this body. I am nothing, lifeless, soulless, hated and feared. I am dead to all the world - hear me! I am the monster that breathing men would kill. I am Dracula.
- Where is my God? He has forsaken me. It is finished. Give me peace.
Abraham Van Helsing
- (giving a medical lecture) The vampire bat must consume 10 times its own weight in fresh blood each day, or its own blood cells will die. Cute little vermin, ja? Blood, and the diseases of the blood such as syphilis, will concern us here. The very name "venereal diseases", the "diseases of Venus", imputes to them divine origin. They are involved in that sex problem about which the ethics and ideals of Christian civilization are concerned. In fact, civilization and syphilization have advanced together.
- Gentlemen, we're not fighting some disease here. Those marks on your dear Miss Lucy's neck were made by something unspeakable out there - dead, but not dead. It stalks us for some dread purpose I do not yet comprehend. To live, it feeds on Lucy's precious blood. It is a beast, a monster!
- (about Lucy) She lives beyond the grace of God, a wanderer in the outer darkness. She is "vampyr", "nosferatu". These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but instead grow strong and become immortal once infected by another nosferatu. So, my friends, we fight not one beast, but legions that go on age after age after age, feeding on the blood of the living.
- Vampires do exist. And this one we fight, this one we face, has the strength of twenty or more people, and you can testify for that, Mr. Harker. But he can also control the meaner things of life: the bat, the rodent, the wolf. He can appear as mist, as vapour, as fog, and vanish at will. Now all these things Dracula can do, but he is not free. He must rest in the sacred earth of his homeland to gain his evil power. It is here that we must find him and destroy him utterly.
- We've all become God's Madmen. All of us.
- A land beyond a great vast forest, surrounded by majestic mountains and lush vineyards and flowers of such frailty and beauty as to be found no where else.
- The princess... She's a river, filled with tears of sadness and...heartbreak.
- I love you! Oh, God forgive me, I do!
- Can a man and a woman really do...that?
- (VO) (watching Lucy flirt with many suitors at the party) Lucy is a pure and virtuous girl. But, I admit that her free way of speaking shocks me sometimes. Jonathan says it is a defect of the aristocracy that they say what they please. The truth is that I admire Lucy, and I'm not surprised that men flock around her. I wish I were as pretty and as adored as she.
- (to Van Helsing, while under the influence of Dracula's brides) You've been so good to me, Professor. I know that Lucy harbored secret desires for you. She told me. I too know what men desire. (kisses him) Will you cut off my head and drive a stake through my heart as you did poor Lucy, you murdering bastard?!
- (as light illiminates the chapel) There, in the presence of God, I understood at last how my love could release us all from the powers of darkness. Our love is stronger than death.
- (to Mina) Is your ambitious John Harker forcing you to learn that ridiculous machine? When he could be forcing you to perform unspeakable acts of desperate passion on the parlour floor!
- Mina, you've got to go to him. You've got to love him, and marry him right then and there. And I want you to take this, my sister. (gives Mina her ring) It's my wedding gift to you. Don't worry about spoiled little Lucy. I'll be all right. Tell Jonathan oceans of love.
- (to her fiancé Arthur Holmwood, after becoming a vampire) Come to me, Arthur. Leave these others and come to me. My arms are hungry for you, my darling. Kiss me and caress me, my darling husband, please...
- Girl in carriage: Pentru că morţii umblă repede.
- Translation: For the dead travel fast.
- R.M. Renfield: Sângele este viaţa!
- Translation: The blood is the life!
- R.M. Renfield: I'm no lunatic man! I'm a sane man fighting for his soul!
- Bride 1: [After Dracula confronts the Brides for seducing Harker] N-ai nimic pentru noi seară astă?
- Translation: Have you nothing for us tonight?
- Bride 1: [When Mina and Van Helsing are camped outside of the castle] Sora nostră.
- Translation: Our sister.
- Bride 2: [When Mina and Van Helsing are camped outside of the castle] Şi apoi venim noi!
- Translation: And then we will come!
- Mina: [When utilizing Dracula's power to command the weather] Vînt, adu-mi un dor de ducǎ!
- Translation: Wind, bring me wanderlust!
- Jack Seward: (about Lucy's illness) Something just sucked [her blood] out of her and... flew away, I suppose?
- Van Helsing: Ja. Why not?
- Mina: Doctor?
- Van Helsing: Ja?
- Mina: How did Lucy die? Was she in great pain?
- Van Helsing: Ja, she was in great pain; then we cut off her head and drove a stake through her heart and burned it, and then she found peace.
- Jonathan Harker: (choking into his wine) Doctor! Please!
- Quincey Morris: And may I say that Miss Lucy is hotter than a June bride riding bareback buck naked in the middle of the Sahara!
- Arthur Holmwood: I would watch my colonial tongue if I were you.
- [after Dracula returns to the Castle to find Elisabeta is dead]
- Cesare: Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată. Astă e legea lui Dumnezeu.
- Dracula: Renunţ! Renunţ la Dumnezeu!
- Cesare: Her soul cannot be saved. She is damned. It is God's law.
- Dracula: Renounce! I renounce God!
- [After Dracula discovers the brides have seduced John Harker]
- Bride 1: Tu n-ai iubit niciodată.
- Dracula: Nu-i adevărat. Şi eu pot să iubesc, şi o să iubesc din nou.
- Bride 1: You never loved.
- Dracula: It's not true. I too can love, and I will love again.
- Dracula: You will, I trust, excuse me if I do not join you. But, I have already dined, and I never drink... wine.
- Jonathan Harker: (looks at painting on the wall) An ancestor? I see a resemblance.
- Dracula: The Order of the Dracul, the Dragon. An ancient society, pledging my forefathers to defend the church against all enemies of Christ. Their relationship was not entirely... successful.
- Jonathan Harker: Oh. (chuckles) Yes.
- Dracula: (howls with anger as he draws a sword, holding it at Harker's throat) It is no laughing matter! We Draculs have a right to be proud! What devil or witch was ever so great as Attila, whose blood flows in these veins? Blood... (laughs a bit) is too precious a thing in these times. The war-like days are over. The victories of my great race are but a tale to be told. (tosses the sword on the table) I am the last of my kind.
- Jonathan Harker: (standing with a courtsey) I have offended you with my ignorance, Count. Forgive me.
- Mina: I want to be what you are, see what you see, love what you love.
- Dracula: Mina, to walk with me you must die to your breathing life, and be reborn to mine.
- Mina: You are my love... and my life, always.
- Dracula: Then, I give you life eternal. Everlasting love. The power of the storm, and the beasts of the earth. Walk with me to be my loving wife, forever.
- Dracula: You think you can destroy me with your idols? I who served the Cross, I who commanded nations, hundreds of years before you were born?!
- Van Helsing: Your armies were defeated! You tortured and impaled thousands of people!
- Dracula: I was betrayed. Look what your God has done to me!
- Van Helsing: No! Your war with God is over, you must pay for your crimes!
- [from teaser trailer] Their names are legendary, their destinies linked. An ageless myth meets an uncompromising master.
- Love never dies.
- The blood is life.
- Gary Oldman - Count Dracula
- Keanu Reeves - Jonathan Harker
- Winona Ryder - Wilhemina (Mina) Murray/Elisabeta
- Anthony Hopkins - Abraham Van Helsing/Cesare
- Richard E. Grant - Dr. Jack Seward
- Billy Campbell - Quincey Morris
- Cary Elwes - Arthur Holmwood
- Sadie Frost - Lucy Westenra
- Tom Waits - R.M. Renfield
- Monica Bellucci - Bride
- Michaela Bercu - Bride
- Florina Kendrick - Bride