Drive (2011 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Get in. Get out. Get away.taglines
- There's a hundred-thousand streets in this city. You don't need to know the route. You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?
- Hey, you want a toothpick?
- If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
- [on the phone with Irene] Can I talk to you? I won't keep you long. I have to go somewhere and I don't think I can come back. But I just wanted you to know. Getting to be around you and Benicio was the best thing that ever happened to me.
- You know the story about the scorpion and the frog? Your friend Nino didn't make it across the river.
- I used to produce movies. In the 80s. Kind of like action films. Sexy stuff. One critic called them European. I thought they were shit. Anyway, he arranged all the cars for me. Did all the stunts. I liked him. I liked having him around, even though he overcharged the shit out of me. His next business venture, he got involved with some of Nino's friends. They didn't go for the overcharging bit. They broke his pelvis. He's never had a lot of luck. The reason I'm telling you this is that he has a lot invested in you. And so do I. So anything you need, you call me. We're a team now.
- Shut the fuck up, you fucking monkey!
- Now it's your turn to clean up after me.
- My partner is a belligerent asshole with his back up against a wall, and now, so am I.
- Here's what I'm prepared to offer: you give me the money, the girl is safe. Forever. Nobody knows about her. She's off the map. I can't offer you the same. So, this is what I would suggest. We conclude our deal. We'll shake hands. You start the rest of your life. Any dreams you have, or plans, or hopes for your future... I think you're going to have to put that on hold. For the rest of your life you're going to be looking over your shoulder. I'm just telling you this because I want you to know the truth. But the girl is safe.
- A lot of guys mess around with married women, but you're the only one I know who robs a joint just to pay back the husband. Crazy.
- What happened to all the ashtrays in this town?
- Driver: [watching a cartoon] Is he a bad guy?
- Benicio: Yeah.
- Driver: How can you tell?
- Benicio: Because he's a shark.
- Driver: There's no good sharks?
- Bernie Rose: Nice to meet you.
- Driver: My hands are a little dirty.
- Bernie Rose: So are mine.
- Nino: Take a fucking hike. I want to talk to my partner. [tense pause] I'm just fucking with you. How you doing, Shannon? How's the fucking leg?
- Shannon: [nervous] I paid my debt.
- Bearded Redneck: You're Shannon's buddy right? We met last year. You drove me and my brother back from Palm Springs. We hired another wheelman. I spent six months in jail. My brother, he got himself killed. I got this sweet job coming up.
- Driver: How 'bout this. You shut your mouth. Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you.
- Bearded Redneck: Nice seein' you again.
- Nino: Fuck you eating chink food in my fucking restaurant?
- Bernie Rose: What's a Jew doing running a pizzeria?
- Nino: You paid three-hundred fucking grand for this piece of shit?
- Bernie Rose: I paid for it - out of my own pocket. This is just the shell; it's the inside that counts, not the outside, right Shannon?
- Shannon: You are correct, sir.
- Nino: Fuck that shit; I pay three-hundred for something, I want everybody to fucking see it!
- Bernie Rose: Of course you do.
- Nino: [Nino sees an collectible car] Now this... that is one motherfucking, fine-ass, pussy-mobile, motha-fucka'! Damn!
- Bernie Rose: Shannon, sell him the car.
- Shannon: He wouldn't be able to find pussy in a whore house...
- Shannon: [Shannon begins hobbling over to Nino] You know what? This car will even make you good-looking.
- Nino: I'm already good-looking, pal.
- Bernie Rose: I already gave you my advice! You should have taken the money and left the guy alone!
- Nino: It's not that simple, Bernie.
- Bernie Rose: No, of course not! Now that it's bounced up in your face!
- Cook: Nino, I owe you this guy. Just give me a little time and I'll get rid of him.
- Bernie Rose: Shut the fuck up. You fucking monkey.
- Nino: The money belongs to some half-ass wiseguy out of Philly. Now, I got tipped off, he was stashing a million bucks in a pawnshop, he was gonna invest it here in L.A., he was gonna set up a rival operation.
- Bernie Rose: So you stole from the East Coast Mob?
- Nino: No, I stole from some jumped-up punk, who was trying to stop on our action.
- Bernie Rose: Yeah? Then why didn't you come to me before you set up this dummy robbery? [points at Cook] Before you hire this piece of shit?
- Nino: This was something off to the side, Bernie, I didn't want to involve you in this.
- Bernie Rose: Well I'm involved now! Let me tell you something; anybody, anybody, finds out you stole from the family, we're both dead.
- Nino: What fucking family? The family who still calls me a fucking kike? To my face? Yeah I'm 59 years old Bernie! They still pinch my cheek like I'm some fucking kid!
- Bernie Rose: Well, the money always flows up, Izzy! You know that!
- Nino: [quieter, more serious] That's why this Driver's gotta go, Bernie. He's gotta go. And your pal Shannon, I mean, they're the only two guys that can tie me to this robbery. [the men glance at each other, before Bernie motions towards Cook, signaling he has to kill him too; Nino turns away in reluctant agreement before Bernie grabs a fork, and stabs Cook in the eye, who screams in pain as Bernie picks up a knife and stabs him three times in the neck, killing him]
- Get in. Get out. Get away.
- Some Heroes Are Real
- There Are No Clean Getaways
- Ryan Gosling - The Driver
- Carey Mulligan - Irene
- Bryan Cranston - Shannon
- Albert Brooks - Bernie Rose
- Ron Perlman - Nino "Izzy" Paolozzi
- Christina Hendricks - Blanche
- Oscar Isaac - Standard Gabriele