Droopy, also known as Droopy Dog, is an animated cartoon character, an anthropomorphic dog with a droopy face, hence the name "Droopy". Originally known as "Happy Hound", he was created by Tex Avery, for theatrical cartoon shorts produced by the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer cartoon studio, in 1943.
- Droopy: Hello all you happy people...you know what? I'm the hero.
Señor Droopy (1949)
- Droopy: You know what? That makes me mad.
- Droopy (after winning a date with actress Lina Romay, deadpan to camera): You know what? I'm happy.
Droopy's "Double Trouble"
- Spike: Now cut it out!! Quit hitting me with that shillelagh!
- Droopy: You know what? That's not sanitary
- Droopy: Hello, folks.
- Narrator: Unfortunately, however, not all music lovers appreciated Dixieland.
- Narrator: Well, John, at least you still have your record.
- Narrator: Well, John, now you did it. You're through - no more Dixieland. What's this? Dixieland John! They're playing your song! Fleas love dogs, you know. You could make beautiful music together!
- Ringmaster: Hey you! Come back here with my fleas!