Durarara!! (デュラララ!! Dyurarara!!) was first released in 2004 as a light novel series by Ryohgo Narita and later began its release as a manga which is authored by Akiyo Satorigi in 2009. The anime was directed by Takahiro Omori and aired twenty-five episodes from January to June 2010 in Japan and from June to December 2011 in the United States.
- [To Rio as to why he wants to see her reaction] I love humans. Think about it, human beings are the most interesting creatures that you can ever hope to find.
- Bullying people is lame. It's pathetic, really.
- Human beings are weak.
- Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.
- [To Mikado] Sounds like the name of an air conditioner.
- [To Shizu-chan~] You know, the problem with you Shizu-chan is that you can't be swayed by reason and that's bad...really bad.
- It's kinda scary how much people trust me.
- [to person/shizuo]gotta fly
- [to shizuo]And why do I deserve to get my ass kicked?
- [to Namie] And that is why I love the human race so much.
- It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.
- No one loves me, because they're afraid of me.
- I really hate violence.
- [Japanese Version] IZAAAAAAYA-KUN!
- [English Version] IZAAAAAAYA!
- [To Izaya] YOU'RE SO FREAKIN DEAD!
- Kill! kill! kill!
- Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!
- ["To Celty"]DUMBASS! Anyone who calls you a dumbass is a bigger dumbass, but since I already know I'm a dumbass, I'll say it again. DUMBASS!
- [To Izaya] Oh, I'm not mad. I just want to beat the shit out of you!
- [When something feels bad] Smells like shit.
- [to "the Dollars" in episode 3] You aimed at my head...You have to know a blow like that can kill a guy...right. So that means you were trying to kill me...right So whatever happens next...IS WHAT YOU DESERVE RIGHT!
- Shit! Shit! Shit!
- You could try eating eggshells but I have no idea what the calcium count would be, or for that matter, even how effectively your body can process something of that nature.
- [To Celty] The look on your face is unhappy.
- [About Shinra] He reads expressions on a face I don't have....
- [Japanese Version] The world isn't as cruel as you make it out to be.
- [English Version] The world isn't as bad as you think.
Episode 3: "Rampant Evil"
- Izaya Orihara:[To the girl bullies] Listen, It's not my problem if you lovely ladies get pummeled to death and die. I could knock your teeth down your throat, or you can bag on my age when I'm actually just 23, I don't care, you're in a class that's so far beneath me that it doesn't really matter.
- Leader Girl Bully: [Confused] Huh?!
- Izaya Orihara: Human beings are weak things...but...heh...beating up chicks isn't really my shtick.
[Swiftly flicks his flickblade and cuts the leader girl bully's purse straps and her purse falls to the ground]
- Izaya Orihara: So I guess the next best thing I can do [picks up the girl's cellphone]... is take your precious cellphone...and smash it [Drops the phone on the ground and slams his foot down on it]
- [Everyone around Izaya looks on in shock and amazement]
- Izaya Orihara: [Laughs frantically while stomping on the phone] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
- Izaya Orihara: [Stops]...and now I'm bored. [Shrugs] I guess that's enough cellphone smashing for one day.
Episode 16: "Mutual Love"
- Shizuo: What up? Izaya buddy.[Walks into Izaya's building lobby and prepares to push down Izaya's office door with his foot] Why don't you come on out and play?
- [Izaya places a Coke can on Shizuo's shoulder and Shizuo turns around startled]
- Izaya: Tell me, to what do I owe you this pleasure, Shizuo-chan?
- Shizuo: [Annoyed] I'm obviously here to kick your smarmy little ass.
- Izaya: And why do I deserve to have my ass kicked?
- Shizuo: Because I'm pissed off!
- Izaya: Now don't you think that you're just a little too old to act the part of the playground bully...Shizu-chan?
- Shizuo: Shut the hell up!
- Shizuo: So how involved in this are you?
- Izaya: I don't know what you're talking about?
- Shizuo: You're in with the slashers, but I want to know how deep?!
- Izaya: [Chuckles as he walks out the lobby doors] That's a horrible accusation.
- Shizuo: 99% of the time whenever random violent crap happens, it seems you're somehow involved!
- Izaya: [Shrugs] And you can't have a little faith in that last 1%? [Slips the switchblade out of the right sleeve of his jacket] Guess that's [Flicks out his blade]...a no.
- Anri Sonohara: It's simple. I just convince myself that it has nothing to do with me, like I always do.
Episode 18: "Out of Your Control"
- Masaomi Kida: "You want me to lie to her?! After I ran away from her..."
- Kyohei Kadota: "Listen, don't get carried away. If you feel guilty for running, then for the rest of your life, you must live with the pain of lying to her. That's how you can make it up to her. And if you don't want to lie to her, then don't run. Face her and say it! I'll let you run from your past. But don't run from the present and the future."
Episode 20: "A New King Will Arise"
- Walker Yumasaki: "Oh, man. Masaomi...You can't mistake reality for your delusions. Blue Square never existed. Isn't that for the best?"
- Erika Karisawa: "Then we'll just treat the whole thing like a delusion that never happened. If reality and fiction are equal, then any reality you don't need can just be called delusion. That's how we do things."
- Masaomi Kida: "What!? Are you saying Saki got beat up by people who didn't even exist!?"
Episode 21: "Everything Covered in Fog"
- Seiji Yagiri: "Mikado, you like Anri, don't you?... If you really do love her, don't look away, no matter what happens. No matter what you see, no matter what you learn about her, don't look away. Once you've got her in your embrace, don't let go. That's your responsibility once you love someone.
Episode 24: "Selfless Devotion"
- Simon Brezhnev: [In Russian] Hey, want to hear a bad story? You're such a cowardly ass, it's funny [Laughs]
- Izaya Orihara: [In Russian] I'd agree with that, Simon. But I like that quality of mine.
- Izaya Orihara - Hiroshi Kamiya (Japanese), Johnny Yong Bosch (English)
- Shizuo Heiwajima - Daisuke Ono (Japanese), Crispin Freeman (English)
- Shinra Kishitani - Jun Fukuyama (Japanase), Yuri Lowenthal (English)
- Celty Sturluson - Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese), Kari Wahlgren (English)
- Mikado Ryūgamine - Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Japanese), Darrel Guilbeau (English)
- Masaomi Kida - Mamoru Miyano (Japanese), Bryce Papnbrook (English)
- Anri Sonohara - Kana Hanazawa (Japanese), Michelle Ruff (English)
- Simon Brezhnev - Takaya Kuroda (Japanese), Patrick Seitz (English)
- Walker Yumasaki - Yuki Kaji (Japanese), Brian Beacock (English)
- Kyohei Kadota - Yuichi Nakamura (Japanese), Steven Blum (English)