Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Food is a tool. It is a weapon in the U.S. negotiating kit
- Cited in: "Food Fights" By Jeremy Gantz on inthesetimes.com
- Mr. Butz was forced to resign in October 1976 after telling a joke that was derogatory to blacks.... In the 1976 incident, the Times said, Butz "made a remark in which he described blacks as 'coloreds' who wanted only three things — satisfying sex, loose shoes and a warm bathroom — desires that Mr. Butz listed in obscene and scatological terms." What Butz actually said, as reported to Rolling Stone by John Dean, was: "I'll tell you what coloreds want. It's three things: first, a tight pussy; second, loose shoes; and third, a warm place to shit. That's all!" 
- Timothy Noah (2008) "Earl Butz, History's Victim: How the gears of racial progress tore up Nixon's Agriculture secretary." on slate.com, Feb. 4, 2008.
- In response to a question by Pat Boone as to why Republicans were unable to attract more blacks to their party.