Early Man (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Early Man is a 2018 British stop-motion adventure comedy film about a tribe of primitive Stone Age valley-dwellers who have to defend their land from bronze-using invaders in an association football match.
Stone vs. Bronze. A Battle for the Ages.taglines
- You know we always hunt rabbits? Couldn't we try hunting something, you know, bigger?
- We challenge the champions!
- If we play this game and beat them at it, we can have our valley back.
- If we win, we keep our valley, you leave my tribe in peace.
- The Age of Stone is over, Dino. Long live the Age of Bronze.
- You're losers, caveman. Always have been, always will be.
- Take him away and kill him... slowly. [Guards start walking away with Dug really slowly] No! I meant take him away at normal speed and kill him slowly! Idiots!
- It turns out your tribe were totally crap at football.
- Where have you been, the Stone Age?
- We may stand a chance. A small chance. But a chance.
- You’re pretty brave, caveman. And stupid. Actually, more stupid than brave really.
- A rabbit!
- To The Badlands!
- How are we going to get our valley back?
- Look at the sort of tribe we are. We’re a rabbit hunting tribe and it’s served us very well up till now.
- I'm an old man. I'm almost thirty-two!
- Chief Bobnar: Right, gather 'round, grab a spear.
- Treebor: (grabs a spear) Oh, it's pointy.
- Magma: Oh, Treebor, just get over there.
- Treebor: Oh, Mum...
- Dug: Morning, Barry.
- Barry: Morning, Dug.
- Dug: Mr. Rock coming hunting today?
- Barry: Oh yeah. Wouldn't miss it for the world.
- Chief Bobnar: Morning, Asbo. Change your underpants today?
- Asbo: Yep. Changed them with Thongo, Chief. Champion!
- Thongo grunts in agreement
- Gravelle (with her arm raised): Chief?
- Chief Bobnar: Yes, Gravelle?
- Gravelle: When I put my arm up, it hurts.
- Chief Bobnar: Well, don't do it, then. (notices Grubup biting Eemak's leg) Grubup, don't eat that. That's Eemak.
- Grubup: Yum. (chuckles)
- Eemak speaks in Proto-Indo-European
- Chief Bobnar: Exactly. Uh, right.
- Chief Bobnar: Dug, it's time to give up this football lark for their sake. They're just not capable of it.
- Dug: Don't you miss the valley, Chief?
- Chief Bobnar: The valley's gone now. And we're better off here in the Badlands than slaving down some mine. I mean, there's the odd giant duck around, but at least we're still together. We're still a tribe.
- Dug: But our ancestors played football. We know they did. I still believe we can do this.
- Chief Bobnar: With what? You haven't even got a ball to play with! (walks away) It's over.
- Dug: No. There is still time. (to Hognob) C'mon, Hognob.
- Goona: Hey! Don't touch the bronze.
- Dug: What?
- Goona: The bronze! Where have you been, the Stone Age?
- Dug: Uh...
- Goona: What?
- Lord Nooth: Alright. Secure the valley. Start mining ore.
- Dino: Or what, Lord Nooth?
- Lord Nooth: Ore, you fool. Start mining the ore. The metal that's in the ground.
- Dino: Oh, the ore... in the ground! Yes... (laughs) What about the primitives?
- Lord Nooth: (scoffs) Let them rot in the Badlands. They're low-achievers of history with their puny flints and drafty caves.
- Dug: (angrily but quietly) You've picked the wrong tribe to mess with. (grabs a stone axe and charges at Lord Nooth)
- Lord Nooth: "Oh, I'm so scared. You are waving your stones about." (Dug war-cries as he jumps at Lord Nooth) The Age of Stone is over, Dino. Long live the Age of Bronze. (bronze ball knocks Dug unconscious) Okay, let's get moving.
- Bronzetrooper: Of course, Lord Nooth.
- Lord Nooth: I'm late for my massage.
- Dug: We challenge the champions!
- Lord Nooth: What did you say?
- Dino: He said "We chall--" (interrupted by Lord Nooth)
- Lord Nooth: Yeah, I heard what he said.
- Dug: If we win, we keep our valley! You leave my tribe in peace!
- Lord Nooth: You think you can beat us at football? (after Dug nods, he laughs and the crowd joins in laughter) A match between the Bronze and the brutes? What an idea!
- Dino: Sacrilege, o premier leader.
- Lord Nooth: Yes, quite.
- Dino: The masses would flock to see such a vulgar spectacle. Pah!
- Lord Nooth: Hmm... (looks over the Schnookels) Really? For the valley, you say?
- Goona: (passing out Real Bronzio cards) Make no mistake, these are the best players bronze can buy.
- Asbo: They're like ginormous, great, big footballing...giants!
- Gravelle: Oh, there's no way we can beat such a great team!
- Goona: They may be great, but what they're not is a team. They're 11 players who each think they're the star. That's their weakness. And that's how you can beat them.
- Dug: Goona's right. They may be better players than us, but we have something they don't.
- Barry: Moss?
- Dug: No, Barry, not moss. We got each other. And if we work together, then maybe we can do this.
- Chief Bobnar: Gonna start without us, Dug?
- Dug: Chief, we can't play this game.
- Chief Bobnar: What, because of a few paintings?
- Dug: (gasps) So you know about those terrible pictures?
- Chief Bobnar: They are terrible. I can draw better than that. But that's all they are: pictures. Is this lot that counts? You were right, Dug. I thought we were just rabbit hunters. Well, not anymore. You've shown me that. Who's playing with Dug for the valley?
- other tribespeople cheer
- Asbo: Champion!
- Barry: It's what Mr. Rock would've wanted.
- Dug: We challenge the champions! (he stabs the field with a trident near Jurgend's feet.)
- Jurgend scoffs
- Lord Nooth: Your funeral, cavemen.
- From The award winning tribe behind Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit.
- An adventure one million years in the making.
- The greatest underdog story in prehistory.
- Meet Dug and Hognob. History's first besties.
- Yeah. It's a little epic.
- Eddie Redmayne – Dug
- Tom Hiddleston – Lord Nooth
- Maisie Williams – Goona
- Timothy Spall – Chief Bobnar
- Richard Ayoade – Treebor
- Selina Griffiths – Magma
- Johnny Vegas – Asbo
- Mark Williams – Barry
- Gina Yashere – Gravelle
- Simon Greenall – Eemak and Thongo
- Richard Webber – Grubup
- Miriam Margolyes – Queen Oofeefa
- Rob Brydon – Message Bird, Brian, Bryan, and Gonad the Gaul
- Kayvan Novak – Dino and Jurgend
- Luke Walton – Hügelgraber
- Nick Park – Hognob
- Jaime Aymerich – Trevor Spanish
- David Cromarty – Football Spector
- Kevin Matadeen – Crowd