Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eartha Kitt (born Eartha Mae Keith; January 17, 1927 – December 25, 2008) was an American singer, actress, dancer, voice actress, comedienne, activist author, and songwriter known for her highly distinctive singing style and her 1953 recordings of "C'est si bon" and the Christmas novelty song "Santa Baby", both of which reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. Orson Welles once called her the "most exciting woman in the world".
- "It's all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit."
- "I fall in love myself, and I want someone to share it with me. I want someone to share me, with me."
- "You should go to America. That's where my son is. That's where your future is, not Myra Menke. Her head's as empty as a flowerpot."
- "If only, if only, the woodpecker sighs, / The bark on the tree was as soft as the skies. / The wolf waits below, hungry and lonely, / And cries to the moon, / If only if only."
- "If you forget to come back for Madame Zeroni, you and your family will be cursed for always and eternity."
- "It's all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you."
- Eartha Kitt on IMDb