Easter Parade (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Happiest Musical Ever Made is Irving Berlin's Easter Parade (taglines)
- Why didn't you tell me I was in love with you?
Jonathan Harrow III
- [Lovingly to Hannah] Do you know that scientists say that people fall in love quickest during a rainstorm? I can prove that. Because that's when I fell in love with you.
- Don Hewes: Miss Brown, what idiot ever told you you were a dancer?
- Hannah Brown: You did.
- Hannah Brown: [her eyes are closed] What color are my eyes?
- Don Hewes: [kissing her, causing her to open her eyes in surprise] Brown.
- Don Hewes: A girl dancer has to be exotic; she has to be - a peach.
- Hannah Brown: I suppose I'm a lemon!
- [the bartender hands Don his drink]
- Don Hewes: Can you drown a brunette in this?
- Mike the Bartender: How tall is she?
- Don Hewes: Five foot six.
- Mike the Bartender: [filling the glass a little more] Try this.
- Sam: How did the act go, Mr. Hewes?
- Don Hewes: One bow.
- Sam: Too bad.
- Don Hewes: Tomorrow we'd better get some dogs in the act.
- Hannah Brown: Was I too terrible?
- Don Hewes: No. No.
- Hannah Brown: I've never really danced before.
- Don Hewes: You're going to be fine.
- Hannah Brown: Mr. Hewes, Mr. Hewes... You know you don't have to go on with this.
- Don Hewes: Now look...
- Hannah Brown: No, I mean it. You're the most wonderful dancer I've ever seen. You could get anyone to dance with you. You could get the very best.
- Don Hewes: I don't want the very best. I want you.
- Mike the Bartender: What are you doing here by yourself?
- Hannah Brown: Oh, I don't know. I just wanted to get away for awhile.
- Mike the Bartender: Sure. Well, if there's anything I can do, breaking one's neck or anything like that, just say the word.
- Hannah Brown: No thanks, Mike. There isn't anything anyone can do.
- Mike the Bartender: Ah, don't say that. No man is that important. Plenty of fish left in the sea. You know it's always darkest just...
- Hannah Brown: Oh, Mike. I don't think you have a motto for my kind of problem.
- Jonathan Harrow III: He seems under the impression that you aren't too fond of him.
- Hannah Brown: But I am! Terribly!
- Jonathan Harrow III: Well, I'm afraid it's a little late.
- Hannah Brown: A little late? Little late? Well, that can't be! What'll I do?
- Jonathan Harrow III: Well, if I loved someone, I'd find a way to let them know it.
- Hannah Brown: Well, it's different with a man.
- Jonathan Harrow III: Why?
- Hannah Brown: I don't know. It just is, that's all. It's easier.
- The Happiest Musical Ever Made is Irving Berlin's Easter Parade
- Full of melody! Full of young love!
- Judy Garland — Hannah Brown
- Fred Astaire — Don Hewes
- Peter Lawford — Jonathan Harrow III
- Ann Miller — Nadine Hale
- Jules Munshin — François
- Clinton Sundberg — Mike