Sayyid Ebrahim Raisi (Persian: سید ابراهیم رئیسالساداتی; born 14 December 1960), commonly known as Ebrahim Raisi (Persian: ابراهیم رئیسی), is an Iranian hardline, ultra conservative Islamist, principlist politician, Muslim jurist, and the eighth and current president of Iran since 3 August 2021, having been elected to the presidency in the 2021 Iranian presidential election.
- Atmosphere in Iran is to resist pressure, fight corruption: Today, two atmospheres are highlighted in Iran. One is atmosphere of resistance instead of negotiation and the other is atmosphere of fight against corruption. The main strategy to prevent corruption is making the country’s economic system transparent and institutionalizing transparency.
- We must solve problems and avoid resorting to excuses.
- We have entered a new stage of management in the country. The people participate in parliamentary and presidential elections, give us the opportunity to solve the problems of the people, especially the problems that plague the middle class and the disadvantaged, in order to show that the jihadi (strong and firm) management system is the solution to all the material and spiritual problems of the country.
- Judiciary ready to help the new government in corruption fight.
- We know that threats and sanctions from the enemy have brought difficulties to the management of the country, but there are also considerable sacred, popular, economic and international capabilities that can help us overcome these challenges.
- “I, as the President, upon the Holy Quran and in the presence of the Iranian nation, do hereby swear in the name of Almighty God to safeguard the official Faith, the system of the Islamic Republic and the Constitution of the country; to use all my talents and abilities in the discharge of responsibilities undertaken by me; to devote myself to the service of the people, glory of the country, promotion of religion and morality, support of right and propagation of justice; to refrain from being autocratic; to protect the freedom and dignity of individuals and the rights of the nation recognized by the Constitution; to spare no efforts in safeguarding the frontiers and the political, economic and cultural freedoms of the country; to guard the power entrusted to me by the nation as a sacred trust like an honest and faithful trustee, by seeking help from God and following the example of the Prophet of Islam and the sacred Imams, peace be upon them, and to entrust it to the one elected by the nation after me."