Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eduard Shevardnadze (25 January 1928 - 7 July 2014) was a Georgian politician. He served as President of Georgia from 1995 until 2003. Prior to Georgian independence from the USSR, he served as Soviet Foreign Minister.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It is time to realize that neither socialism, nor friendship, nor good-neighborliness, nor respect can be produced by bayonets, tanks or blood.
- As quoted in North Atlantic Assembly Political Committee Report (1990), p. 7
- Corruption has its own motivations, and one has to thoroughly study that phenomenon and eliminate the foundations that allow corruption to exist.
- As quoted in The Many Faces of Corruption (2007) edited by J. Edgardo Campos and Sanjay Pradhan, p. 267
- Encyclopedic article on Eduard Shevardnadze on Wikipedia