Edvin Kanka Cudic
Edvin Kanka Ćudić (born December 31, 1988) is the Bosnian human rights activist, martial artist, journalist and political scientist who is best known as the leader of the UDIK, an organisation campaigning for human rights and reconciliation in the former Yugoslavia.
|This article about an activist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If they wanted to kill me, they would not threaten me.
- Edvin Kanka Ćudić, interview in the Otisak. (2014)
- Bakir Izetbegović would not visit Sarajevo's Kazani, that UDIK was not the main advocate of the commemoration of the victims of this crime.
- Edvin Kanka Ćudić, interview in the Novi. (2016)
- Alphabetized by author
- The story of crimes, war criminals, search for the missing people and justice, have become the meaning of Edvin's actions.
- Irena Antić, as quoted in May '92 (2012) p.16
- The founder of this NGO [UDIK] Edvin Kanka Ćudić and his colleagues, have succeeded to make a civil resistance niche in a very short time. It is not a repetition of existing non-violent practices of a civil society but more authentic, innovative and a long-term creative gesture that changes our violent and militaristic society in the direction of a genuine culture of remembrance.
- Nerzuk Ćurak, as quoted in In Memoriam BiH (1992-1995) (2016) p.399
- Edvin is one of those persons who write to survive as writers and people; for them being a human and writer is the same thing.
- Miloš Urošević, as quoted in May '92 (2012) p.19
- The first and so far the only substantive public action of civil society, directed against the lack of recognition of crimes committed in Kazani, is the UDIK street activity in front of the Sarajevo Cathedral held on October 25, 2014. Activity had a small number of participants, but for the first time it was organized symbolic action in the center of Sarajevo in order to commemorate victims of Kazani.
- Nicolas Moll, as quoted in Sarajevska najpoznatija tajna (2015) p.54
- UDIK is the most persistent in its demands to raise a monument in the center of Sarajevo dedicated to the victims of this crime.
- Oslobođenje, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the crime in Sarajevo's Kazani (2018)