Edward Scissorhands is a 1990 fantasy film directed by Tim Burton. Peg Boggs meets a young, shy, quirky and bizarre-looking man named Edward, whose hands are made of scissors, and adopts him into her own "typical American" family.
- Peg: What happened to you? Where are your parents?
- Edward: they didn't wake up.
- Esmeralda: It's not heaven he's from! It's straight from the stinking flames of hell! The power of Satan is in him; I can feel it. Can't you? Have you poor sheep strayed so far from the path?
- Edward: We're not sheep.
- Esmeralda: Don't come near me!
- Esmeralda: He has been sent first to tempt you. But it's not too late. You must push him from you, expel him! Trample down the perversion of nature!
- Joyce: Did you hear that? [chuckles] He's a perversion of nature. Why, isn't that exciting?
- Bill: So, Edward, did you have a productive day?
- Edward: Mrs. Monroe showed me where the salon's going to be. You could have a cosmetics counter.
- Peg: Wouldn't that be great?
- Bill: Great.
- Edward: And then she showed me the back room where she took all of her clothes off.
- Bill: [without listening] Edward, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, I'm just as pleased as punch. This whole beauty parlor venture is gonna teach you volumes and nothing like running your own business. I've never done it myself, but from what I gather it's the greatest satisfaction a working man can have.
- Kim: Hold me.
- Edward: [tries to hold her]...I can't.
- Bill: Sweetheart, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies.
- Jim: Forget about holding her hand, man. Think about the damage he could do to other places.
- Kim: You see, before he came down here, it never snowed. And afterwards, it did. If he weren't up there now, I don't think it would be snowing. Sometimes you can still catch me dancing in it.
- Peg: The light concealing cream goes on first. Then you blend, and blend, and blend. Blending is the secret.
- Officer Allen: Will he be okay, doc?
- Psychologist: The years spent in isolation have not equipped him with the tools necessary to judge right from wrong. He's had no context. He's been completely without guidance. Furthermore, his work - the garden sculptures, hairstyles and so forth - indicate that he's a highly imaginative... uh... character. It seems clear that his awareness of what we call reality is radically underdeveloped.
- Officer Allen: But will he be all right out there?
- Psychologist: Oh, yeah, he'll be fine.
- Peg: Darn this stuff!
- Peg: You know- damn those TV programs!
- Bill: Damn them all to hell.
- His scars run deep.
- The story of an uncommonly gentle man.
- Innocence is what he knows. Beauty is what she sees.
- Edward Was Here....
- His story will touch you, even though he can't.
- The Director Of "Batman" & "Beetlejuice" Invites You To Meet His Newest Creation:
- Edward lived alone where he could hurt no one and no one could hurt him. Until the day the Avon Lady came calling...
- Johnny Depp - Edward Scissorhands
- Winona Ryder - Kim
- Dianne Wiest - Peg
- Anthony Michael Hall - Jim
- Kathy Baker - Joyce
- Vincent Price - The Inventor
- Robert Oliveri - Kevin