Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jane Fara Fauzzier Afia Boafowaa Yahaya Awindor (born April 10, 1987), better known by her stage name Efya, is a Ghanaian singer, songwriter, and actress.
|This article on a singer is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- When I decided to go solo, it made sense at the time to reinvent myself in every way, I wanted a name that was African and unique but at the same time relevant to me in some way. My manager, Jimmi, helped me come up with the name Efya.
- One-On-One Interview With Efya, Modern Ghana, 14 February 2014.
- I don't think I have any competition. What I think it is there is a big sky, God made a lot of stars and every night they all shine and that's what I believe.
- There's no competition between Cina Soul and myself – Efya, Ghana Web, 21 December 2016.
Quotes about Efya
- Efya is like a big sister to me. If I have to get her on a song, it means I'd have to do a vocal training for six months. I have to give it my all because she is amazing. I look up to her so much. I won't just get up to do a song with Efya, it has to be well-prepared.
- Cina Soul as quoted in I’d have to do 6 months vocal training in order to work with Efya – Cina Soul, Ghana Web, 15 January 2020.