(Redirected from Elizabethtown)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember.
- Men see things in a box, and women see them in a round room.
- Son of a Mitch.
- I don't know a lot about everything, but I do know a lot about the part of everything that I know, which is people.
- I'm wearing these clothes. I mean... Have you ever had unlucky clothes? This dress that you like? Good things have not happened to me in this dress. But I saw it tonight and I said: "I'm gonna give you one more chance." And I refuse to be let down by this dress again.
- I will miss your lips... And everything attached to them.
- I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened.
- Trust me, everybody is less mysterious than they think they are.
- I'm completely cool with anything you want to say or not say.
- I spend so much time thinking about all the answers to the problem ... that I forget what the problem actually was.
- Look for the girl in a red hat
- Some music needs air. Roll down your window.
- [Yelling to Drew in an airport] 60B!
- The survivor tree.Its my favorite tree...and I LIKE trees.
- We are intrepid. We carry on.
- You have five minutes to wallow in the delicious misery. Enjoy it, embrace it, discard ...and proceed
- Sadness is easier because it's surrender. I say, make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.
- You're always tryin' to breakup with me and we're not even together!
- Life cannot be so cruel that we don't deserve to be together... to eat.
- We are the substitute people, remember?
- Make them wonder why you are still smiling.
- As somebody once said there's a difference between a failure and a fiasco. A failure is simply the non-presence of success. Any fool can accomplish failure. But a fiasco...A fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions. A fiasco is a folktale told to others that makes other people feel more alive because it didn't happen to them.
- Did I miss 60B ? Did I miss 60B ? Shit, man!
- I'm fine!
- In that moment I knew that success, not greatness was the only god the entire world served.
- I have recently become a secret connoisseur of last looks. You know the way people look at you when they believe it's for the last time...? There's one right now.
- No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy.
- Claire: Do you ever just think I'm fooling everyone?
- Drew: You have no idea.
- Claire: What they say is that it will hit you. Could be ten minutes or ten years from now. So it's good that you talk about it, or don't talk about it... we have talked about it.
- Drew: I've always wondered something... who are "they"?
- Claire: You know... "Them"
- Drew: Them?
- Claire: The inimitable collective, "them".
- Drew: And who says we have to listen to "them"?
- Claire: "THEY" do!
- Claire: So, you failed.
- Drew: No, you don't get it.
- Claire: All right, you really failed. You failed, you failed, you failed. You failed, you failed, you... You think I care about that? I do understand. You're an artist, man. Your job is to break through barriers. Not accept blame and bow and say: "Thank you, I'm a loser, I'll go away now." "Phil's mean to me..." So what?
- Drew: I don't cry.
- Claire: You want to be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling. That's true greatness to me. But... don't listen to me, I'm a Claire.