Alexander Rae "Alec" Baldwin III (born April 3, 1958) is an American actor, film producer and comedian who has appeared on film, stage and television. As a member of the Baldwin family, he is the oldest of the four Baldwin brothers, all well-known actors.
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I was never really in love with acting. I always love movies and going to the theater. But did I love being in this business? Not for five minutes. I did it because I needed a job. For the first year or two, it's like a poison that enters your body. It's like a virus, and your body has to release antidotes. But it would be very unfair to say that it's that way all the time. It's just like anything this overwhelming that you enter suddenly. It's like being a contact at West Point. You're thrown into an intense environment. From the word go, you realize it's sink or swim.
- As quoted in "The Hunt for Alec Baldwin", by Phoebe Hoban, in New York magazine, Vol. 23, No. 9 (5 March 1990).
- Democrats of the seventies and eighties are too tolerant, too open-minded, not feral enough. I want to be a ferocious liberal.
- As quoted in "Smart Alec" by Alec Gross, in New York magazine, Vol. 30, No. 35 (24 November 1997), p. 41.
- My dad turned 40 in October 1967 … in April '68 Martin Luther King was killed. In June '68 Robert Kennedy was killed. And in the fall of '68, my dad's mother died. He was left, on an existential level, saying, "This is what I am. I've got the love of my students and I've got nothing else. My country is going to hell." After 1968, he was never the same again. All the air went out of him.
- As quoted in "Smart Alec" by Alec Gross, in New York magazine, Vol. 30, No. 35 (24 November 1997), p. 43.
- Every time we sit down to eat, we make a choice. Please choose vegetarianism. Do it for the animals. Do it for the environment, and do it for your health.
- From the documentary film Meet Your Meat (2002), last sentence of the documentary.
- I was in love when I was married to Kim Basinger, I’m not ashamed to say. I used to wake up in the morning and just look at her and say 'What do you want for breakfast, baby? Special K with blueberries? Let me go get some.'
- Noone loves the second amendment and due process more than me. Maybe we just take everyone's guns away. Nobody is allowed to have a gun, not even whites.
- There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours. I'm fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred
- If you’re pointing a weapon at anyone on set without permission from the armorer, director & 1st AD, then you should be reprimanded for the first offense, fired for the second. If you do so and harm/kill someone, you should be be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- He did not maintain a safe working environment.
Sets were almost always allowed to become increasingly claustrophobic, no established fire lanes, exits blocked.
Safety meetings were nonexistent.
- The cast and crew had taken a lunch break, and when they returned, Souza told authorities, he wasn’t sure if the firearm to be used by Baldwin had been checked anew for safety. "Joel advised they returned back to the set after lunch, although he is not sure if the firearm was checked again," the warrant states.
- According to authorities in Santa Fe, four people handled the gun before the shooting: Baldwin, Halls, Gutierrez-Reed and prop master Sarah Zachry, according to Fox News.
- 2 November 2021 by Yaron Steinbuch of New York Post in Halls not responsible for checking gun, lawyer claims regarding armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed and assistant director Dave Hall
- Binger and Alec Baldwin need to attend a firearms safety class taught by Kyle Rittenhouse.