Elling is a Norwegian film directed by Petter Næss. Shot mostly in and around the Norwegian capital Oslo, the film, which was released in 2001, is primarily based on Ingvar Ambjørnsen's novel Brødre i blodet ("Blood brothers", 1996), one of a series of four featuring the Elling character – the others are Utsikt til paradiset ("A view of paradise", 1993), Fugledansen ("The bird dance", 1995), and Elsk meg i morgen ("Love me tomorrow", 1999).
- The phone's ringing
- Kjell Bjarn Elling maybe we should answer it. What if it's important?
- Elling If it's important, they'll write.
- Kjell Bjarn But you don't read the post.
- Elling That's because it's not important.
- Elling Mother did the shopping; I was in charge of ideology.
- Elling is being taught how to use the telephone. Frank Asli has been "ringing" for a while now.
- Frank Riiiiiiiiing
- Elling answers
- Frank Elling it's me Frank-
- Elling hangs up
- Frank then proceeds to ring again
- FrankRiiiiiiiiing. Riiiiiiiiiing. Elling pick up the phone.
- Elling It's not for me; it's for Kjell Bjarn.
- Frank Riiiiiiiiiing.
- Elling Hello Mother, it's me, I'm in hell!
- Kjell Bjarn has gone upstairs to see Radon. Elling is moving the beds singing "I will survive" to himself. Kjell Bjarn walks in
- Elling So you're back...
- They're packed and ready for the greatest adventure of their lives. All they have to do is get out of the house.
- Per Christian Ellefsen - Elling
- Sven Nordin - Kjell Bjarne
- Marit Pia Jacobsen - Reidun Nordsletten'
- Jørgen Langhelle - Frank Åsli
- Per Christensen- Alfons Jørgensen